Archived Friend used my TM discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Finally A Guest Again
He was with me one day when I forgot my card and told the cashier at a store my TMID to get my discount. My friend memorized it because it's a pretty easy number to remember lol. Anyway, long story short, he's used my ID a few times already. Can I get busted for this? I didn't tell him to use it or anything but, if Target really wanted to get me in trouble or anything, could they dig that up and send me to the curb?

Is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening? Just in case.

If you think only AP will catch it at your own store, you are mistaken. There are eyes everywhere and the IC center can trace any transaction, TM discount and gift cards. I can look up my own transactions and it has the video right next to it from any store I have been to. You have people sitting in cubicles checking this stuff all the time. Report to your AP ETL what is happening.

Before I left our store's AP brought down the hammer on keying in TM discount #s; we didn't do it even for ETLs.
The only exception was if the tattered card was presented & unscannable.

I don't think it is a big deal at all. Its not like the discount saves your friend all that much money.

If you haven't already, tell your AP & basically report it as a theft because he HAS stolen your TM#.
And if he's still doing it after you've told him it could cost you your job, he's no friend.
This is why our store doesn't key in TM #s unless an unscannable card is present.

Once had a woman come in with an unscannable TM discount card. She told me they just type it in at her store. I said I was sorry, but we weren't allowed to do that at our store. She wanted to talk to the GSTL, who backed me up. My GSTL basically told her, there is no reason to go weeks and weeks with a discount card that won't scan, just go onto eHR and order a new one. You should have it by the next payday.

And to OP, the guy using your discount is really not your friend, find a new friend who won't take advantage of you.

at my store it doesn't seem like it's a big deal to key in the number. i was never told not to do that. and i was never told to check id for people we didn't recognize from our store and had a tm discount (are we supposed to?) a few other cashiers and i talked one time about parents and family members who use someone's discount we said we wouldn't do it and we don't stop people, but i've seen a lot of people at my store who let family members use their discount. could i get in trouble if i keep keying in numbers for people or letting team members use their discount for someone when they are presnet? i've been working there over a year now and can't recall anyone telling me we can't do that.

Talk to your GSTL or ETL-GE for guidance.
Best practices say you should always present your card but enforcement seems to be ASANTS.

Thanks for your advise you guys! Its honestly a bullshit situation to be in.

Tell them to knock it off and you could lose your job because of it. and like everyone has said so far tell AP the situation before they find out on their own because they WILL find out.

They only time I ever use my discount on friends is when I get them gifts...
Same here.what happened in my situation is that I was buying something for myself and I told the cashier I forgot my card. She says its ok and that she could type my TMID in. MY TMID literally consists of 8 digits but only 4 numbers so, it's super easy to remember it. I told the cashier the number and this dude remembered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back