Friggin Cup Holders!

Perhaps the model now is to outright give them away, with no expectation of them being returned and reused by the store?

And if so, what is done with the ones that are left on the basket?

And if so, what is done with the ones that are left on the basket?
When I see one, I grab it. If I'm going near Sbux, I'll toss it in that basket. If not, I'll give it to GS, which I acknowledge is not ideal, but it's better than leaving it on a cart to get smashed to bits or at a checklane.

Eating and drinking while shopping shouldn’t be allowed in a retail store, why Target encourages this is beyond me.

Why do they have to wash SB holders??

I have a question - let me explain. Coming from a closed FA, I'm familiar with those cute cup holders that we gave out on request. And also as a CA, I'm also familiar with rounding them up and returning them to FA to be washed and reused. That was how we did it for years.

Fast forward to now - they have newer cup holders at SB, still free. But now when I return them to SB I'm told that they are supposed to be returned to GS.

WTF? Can anyone with any authority explain this to me? SB tells me that GS is responsible for handing them out and that makes no sense to me at all. Guests must buy their drink, then mosy over to GS to get a used, dirty cupholder???
I've had guests come over to GS after being told by SB that we have cup holders. Um, no we don't and never have. I apologize and send the guest to FA. I have had a convo with the SBTL about this.

Last edited:
At our store, I'd never seen a guest using the red plastic cup holders, but had seen a few at SB, where they keep the cardboard cup sleeves. That was a while back, and I rarely see the cup holders any more. I guess people took them home?

Wash, rinse, sanitize! We are Sbux only, have a basket full of cup holders, and ask that they return them to us. We wash, rinse, sanitize them.

Never once washed, rinsed or sanitized a cup holder in 2 years (and I was the cleanest SBX TM by a landslide). Oh well. I'll mention it to a TM.

Our cup holders were designed for the metal/plastic carts but didn't work on the new all-plastic carts so they tossed them; four cases worth.
No one has bothered to see/order any for the new type of carts either.

Interesting... I toss them, too.
aaf_shifty.gif

Our store never hands them out, maybe they threw them all out when we lost FA? But if you do come across one of those gems you be sure to hide it. My price change team each has one in our caddy's to carry around our drinks while we are working. I know there are backroom peeps who have them hidden too.

Hey Kartman....I always wonder about the red cart circle....did you do this or did you find the picture?
I love seeing the circle and it is the perfect way to show Target how carts really ought to be used!!

Ha - no, it's just a pic I found. I'd never waste my energy doing that, lol. Imma lazy bastid!

Sorry about the duplicate post and for reviving a zombie thread....looking to order cup holders for the plastic carts, wondering if anyone has the part number/dpci

We had some but they all disappeared.
Then guests were asking when we'd get more & I said "when other guests bring them BACK".

Cup holders? Never noticed. When I shop at a Target unless I'm waiting for a script at Pharmacy, it's through the door straight to whatever dept, pick the shit off the shelf then to a register. Avg. shopping trip less than 10 mins. It's not an event that warrants the showy affectation of walking around like an asshole with a $5.00 drink. I'll take a McDonalds coffee over the Bux any day.

Back