Archived From TM to Intern

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuminosityRed

Price Accuracy TM
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on my situation and what I should do next in working with Spot. I graduated from college in May and took a job at Target just because I needed to save up some money before I got a 'real' job. Ive been here for 6 months now and I thoroughly enjoy working here. I know some people may think that silly, but my store has a great team and I enjoy going to work. I started as a cashier but now work in pricing and sometimes hardlines, and I may start training at the service desk soon, too. So, I've realized that I'd like to stay and work at Target for a longer period of time, and I'd like to utilize my degree, as I realize that it is not something that all normal TMs have.

Ive been lurking around here for a few weeks, reading threads about moving up internally and how many ETLs are recruited straight out of college. Target did actually recruit at my university but the option to work here never occurred to me until I actually experienced it. I've gathered that the best way to become an ETL is to go through the internship program, but my question is am I too late? Will they take interns that are out of college? If I am too late, should I just keep working my butt off and go from TM>TL>ETL?

When you interviewed the first time, how well did you answer the questions? Were your answers high scope?

The biggest push back I can see your DTL giving is that if you just interviewed 6 months ago....and you weren't leadership material then....what has changed in the last 6 months that proves you can be an ETL?

And typically the internship program is for externals only. It's tough to get that approved for an internal. You might be better off going from TM > ETL, which is very possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back