Archived Frustrated spl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, I was asked if I wanted to work today. I asked what exactly I would be doing. I was told basically pushing back to school. Instead, when I got there this morning, I was given a list of 5 sales planner for hba. I am a newbie at this. The sales planner labels had to be printed. I don't know how to do this. A tm was kind enough to help me. The computer in the training room wasn't printing them, neither was the tsc computer. 2 hours of my 7 1/2 hr shift wasted. I had to use a portable printer to print the labels. The portable printer at times would go offline and would not even print all the labels. I was so stressed. Anything but hba. I rather do b, c, d or e. Hba has so many items to move into the home location/backstock/pull and shippers. I completed 3 of 5. The other 2 included shippers that had to be mounted to both sides. I told the stl I didn't understand those 2, she told me to flex them. This other tm told me if the shippers are not available, I wouldn't be able to do them. The thing is, I went home with a massive headache. I should have said no to coming in today. The stl seemed to be clueless. Just had to get it out.

Next time you see them, talk to the team lead for that department. Or talk to any hardlines team lead and share your concerns. They should understand, and if they're any decent try to get you some more training.

Dont beat yourself up. You did the best you could. Like @TM2 said..just touch base with your tl, etl or another hardlines tm. Tell them the concerns you had/have and ask for their feed back and advice. Just remember no one at Spot walked in and knew everything about everything ( even though some act like it but that's a whole other story). We all learn by doing and helping each other. So, don't worry and or beat yourself up.

One of my stores tried that crap on me. Black Friday one my ETLs tells me to break down a Toys clearance endcap and set it with an assortment of board games. I told him right then I had no training on setting endcaps. My only training was worth of zoning and reshop. "Just find someone to help you," and walked away.

You were given salesplanners to set and given zero training? That's just evil.

My Signing TM training consisted of learning how to backstock (I already knew how as I was a PA before, Learning Pricing, and taking down Christmas Overheads). That was it.

It took a month and a half before MySupport told me (And the only time since I have received real help). That to find a Sign or part number on SAP, just subtract the two is from the DPCI starting with 004....

I was like... This is literally the first thing every Signing TM should be told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back