Archived Full black friday ad leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing all that special in there

Also nothing in there that my store will actually have more than 2 of

I see nothing exciting in there... no incredibly good deals. I feel like these are normal sales prices. I want to see a 46" TV for $20. Yea, I said $20. Now that would be something special. :flirt:

i think the ad is awesome, especially in electronics. 50 dollars off a kinect, kindle for 85, L105 camera, 50 dollar gift card with the beats, and the lego sets are all great deals. hopefully we have some of that stuff left when i get off work

Does anyone else realize something horrific? Black friday sales are never actually better than the sales that occur throughout the year, or if they are only by a ten dollar margin. All of the items I see for Electronics have all been reduced to what they are in this ad (or lower). Corporations are making insane amounts of money of the blatant lie that black friday sales are so good, when in reality they say "lowest price of the season" by marking it down a dollar lower than the other sale.

This whole thing makes me boycott christmas. Every year.

Does anyone else realize something horrific? Black friday sales are never actually better than the sales that occur throughout the year, or if they are only by a ten dollar margin. All of the items I see for Electronics have all been reduced to what they are in this ad (or lower). Corporations are making insane amounts of money of the blatant lie that black friday sales are so good, when in reality they say "lowest price of the season" by marking it down a dollar lower than the other sale.

While you're right, why boycott Xmas? My wife and I will buy eachother one "big ticket" item (usually no more than $250) and 2-3 small items (i.e. a pair of jeans, a sweater, a movie). When you stop looking to "one up" everyone else and get things that they want/need, but don't feel the need to break the bank doing so... it's quite enjoyable. With everyone else we get them one gift of less than 50 dollars (i.e. parents, siblings, nephews/nieces), very dependent on their age.

Christmas/Thanksgiving are a blast, but black friday is definitely a joke.

Most items are not drastically lowered however the door busters are. Case in point, best buy and their Sharp 42inch 1080p LCD TV for $200.....

..... takes awhile to let that sink in.....

Even if it was a sylvania 42in I would buy it at $200 but a sharp, I have never seen that good of a deal

What are you talking about? They're marking a an xbox console sixty dollars off, sixty freaking dollars. 50 dollars off a kindle which already cost target 120+ bucks to get. Some of those sales are eh at best but I'm seeing a lot of sales prices on products which already have zero profit margin in the first place.

They don't want you buying these priced items online they do these prices to get you in the store and hopefully you buy some other stuff as well.

What are you talking about? They're marking a an xbox console sixty dollars off, sixty freaking dollars. 50 dollars off a kindle which already cost target 120+ bucks to get. Some of those sales are eh at best but I'm seeing a lot of sales prices on products which already have zero profit margin in the first place.

If you notice though, the Kindle that is advertised is the older model, not the one that Amazon recently released. Also, the Nikon L105, while a decent high zoom camera, is also an older model to the one that is currently available. Just like how for the previous two Black Friday's, Target sold the Nikon 205 little red camera that was an older model of the S3000 or whatever it is now. Good deal? That's debatable when you consider it is a ~1 year-old model and they say it's 50% off from the original MSRP.

Again, like I said, Target and many other retailers are not being honest about Black friday. The xbox they are selling at a discount, for example, is available online right now at a lower price. The people that are shopping this black friday deserve to get ripped off.

Element 40" doesn't look too bad ;) Not a great brand or anything, but 1080p 40" for $260 is pretty good.

If you notice though, the Kindle that is advertised is the older model, not the one that Amazon recently released. Also, the Nikon L105, while a decent high zoom camera, is also an older model to the one that is currently available. Just like how for the previous two Black Friday's, Target sold the Nikon 205 little red camera that was an older model of the S3000 or whatever it is now. Good deal? That's debatable when you consider it is a ~1 year-old model and they say it's 50% off from the original MSRP.

How old the product is means very little for profitability on target's end. Amazon is still making almost squat in margin for their kindles, in fact the newest model which is only 79 dollars and not even touch screen costs them 84 dollars to produce, they do this simply because they know they'll make money off the book sales alone. Don't forget the fees for having unlimited 3g access with AT&T which they have yet to disclose how much that's costing them. Those Cameras? Still costing target close to the MSRP just to ship and bring to the stores, even those stupid ipods. Apple may be making a killing in sales making and selling those products to retailers and consumers but the retailers still have to suck up the cost.

BTW, most major electronics profit margins have shrunk and will CONTINUE to shrink because of rising wages in China and competition between the retailers on price.

Last edited:
those ads are never actually "leaked" the retailer puts them out there on purpose to get the hype going. :) Just saying. Hubby and I had a conversation about that the other day.

I need to ask my ETL about shopping. I come in at 2:00 a.m. but want to buy something.:swoon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back