Archived Fun, Fun, Fun to not so Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started in July of 2014, and at first, I did not enjoy it. However, I established a great rapport with many. I received a job (I have an MBA) in finance that paid the about same rate as an ETL (edited because listing specific salaries, even from another job is not appropriate) in late 2014, but I was really enjoying this job, so I kept it. Flow team and backroom was fun, and I enjoyed coming to work. Our ETL at the time was easy going, but a hustler (the original logistics ETL was not so much). I kept moving up in the finance world, making much more now as a financial controller (more than double), but continued to enjoy this job; hey, I get paid to exercise!

Our store in recent months has experienced much frustration and some tragedy, as we have lost multiple team members. In addition, our Store Team Lead lost his battle with cancer. The aforementioned ETL lost his eight year-old daughter to cancer. The remodel caused us to lose 40% of our floor space for softlines, and our STL got rid of our risers and storage containers, which provided the much needed space. Our backroom is one of the smallest in the company, but we are an UHV store. The lack of space has become a major frustration; our flow is no longer an overnight, so we never came clean anymore, despite our 45-minute unloads. Our "new" ETL doesn't work with us and she flirted with one of my co-workers, despite being married. Almost everyone that made this place fun had left. It went from Fun, Fun, Fun, to not-so-fun anymore. I didn't need the money, but the fun kept me at Target for nearly four years. Also, my responsibilities at my other job keep increasing, and now I travel much more often.

I miss the fun that we had for three years, but our store has just lost it's way. Many talented people have moved on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back