Fun/interesting thing to do when you are bored at work...?

I have observed a tm working a certain way. She takes a uboat and parks at an aisle . Opens a box which contains 10 counts of something . Takes two at a time and go to and fro the aisle instead of taking the whole box with her. Sometimes the same process for a product which goes 3-4 aisles away. In between, the tm just goes around the whole grocery department for a walk . Meanwhile, I push a uboat , go for my meal and when I come back she is still walking around 😇
You can give this a try!!

Sometimes I'll use MPM and try to find what the most/least sold item is in an aisle. It's a wonder to me why some of the stuff we carry hasn't been put on clearance yet.

We had some seasonal clowns who would walk ONE empty box an aisle or two over to the jailer. 10 mins for a casepack of sweet relish. They didn't last long.

Especially with these hours lately, I might listen to music the last hour of my shift when the store is closed. Some leaders are very leniently with that. I keep it at a low volume so I can still hear the walkie.

Especially with these hours lately, I might listen to music the last hour of my shift when the store is closed. Some leaders are very leniently with that. I keep it at a low volume so I can still hear the walkie.
We have a long time tm who plays music so loud with a speaker that he hangs on his belt. We can hear he is approaching the backroom 2 min away 😂 yeah of course before the store opens .

...Anything to pass the time when you don’t feel like actually working.

Hasn't happened to me, yet.

Always something to do... though sometimes I have to push myself to finish a big task (like Researching an entire Fill group - after pushing/back stocking my truck and 1-4-1s.)
aka I am tired as f*ck but need to take advantage of the *little* time I get to do things besides push freight

Back