Archived *fun post* Etls dress code =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I recently was promoted to ETL from a DC TM! I will be ETL log, which I'm super excited about! Anyways, please give me your best tips and tricks on wearing red and kahki *photos of your best outfits accepted too* =)! I have to go shopping for some red and kahki as I really have none and I want to make sure I get some important staples but also find some fun things to dress it up a bit and keep it fresh! Also, just curious how much leeway you have- wether it be ok to wear maroon red vs target red, or a red and x colored shirt vs a solid red shirt etc? Thanks in advance everyone, have a great day!

fd7d596617e6c11423ff02914a6a1445.jpg

All things so I can expect my clothes to get ruined and dirty back there just like the DC lol perfect! Haha.

My store was VERY lenient. Red, burgundy, orangish red, no problem!

Hit up Goodwill or local thrift store to get started. Never saw an ETL wearing new or stylish clothing...let's face it, how stylish can you be in a red shirt, after all.

My store is full of lumberjacks. There is one shirt in particular that is a black and red plaid that was sold at Target. I've seen about 5-6 different male TMs wear the exact same shirt. Lol.

I wear black pants rather than khaki. But I still at least wear slacks so I look a little more professional and we'll put together. So I don't look like a guest.

I don't know if this is just the stores I've worked at, but a lot of the female ETLs seem to have a scarf as required wardrobe. Has anyone else experienced this?

Fashion. LOL or should I say, "fashion." Also, flats. All my female ETLs wear flats. I can't imagine how bad their feet must hurt.

My store was VERY lenient. Red, burgundy, orangish red, no problem!

Hit up Goodwill or local thrift store to get started. Never saw an ETL wearing new or stylish clothing...let's face it, how stylish can you be in a red shirt, after all.
Polo or button down is pretty much standard here. Even for etl-log. T-shirt on an overnight, but a crisp well fitted one with target stuff on it.

Scotchguard. Spray it on especially the front where you tub on boxes. Will help with staining.

Flats for women, scarves on some. Although cogs by dansko are also popular.

Most of the guys either order the target ones with the little embroidered logo or other fancy labels (Ralph Lauren, ll bean, etc).

Sneakers are a big no-no. As are shoes not in plainer colors. I've had new srtls have to buy shoes for random visits.

If you're going to be a hands-on LOG, go with function before fashion - I was a polo and khaki pants person and by the end of a truck day, you could tell that I was working - I wasn't concerned with buying nice pants or shirts - they were getting destroyed on a nightly basis...I was O/N, so not too many eyes looking at me...I wore "dressier" tennis shoes all the time.

As ETL LOG, expect to WORK. Lol just wear something with a collar that you don't mind getting dirty.

Defiantly going to need a dead pool outfit haha!! Thanks for the tips guys it's greatly appreciated =)! I'm stocked on scarfs- throw it on for some fashion and easily take it off when it's time to get some work done and get dirty =)! I'm very excited I got ETL log! Anyone here also log? Omg and flats?! I'm not a huge fan but I wore a pair to an interview and they hurt sooo bad! I've got lots of nice boots and will probably try to find some comfy but stylish flats.

I don't know if this is just the stores I've worked at, but a lot of the female ETLs seem to have a scarf as required wardrobe. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, and the open sweater thing. My dayside male ETLs often wear polos. My ETL-Log dresses like a guest, but his team works overnight so nobody cares.

I would check out the bullseye shop for shirts... They have the logo and are pretty durable, and don't break the bank.

I interned in logistics, and my mentor would keep a button down dress shirt in his office in the event a visitor dropped by.

For truck days, I recommend dickies khakis. durable when hands on... Dockers or something a little nicer for other days.

At my store, the ETLs say they can't wear sneakers or running shoes, that must be hell. Also t shirts are a no.

I got some nice blouses that have plenty of room to move in, now to just find the kakhis lol! I'm used to wearing my sweat pants or jeans, gym shoes, and my hair up in a bun so it's easy to kill it in inbound at the DC =)

I'm happy to hear 10-15 miles surprisingly enough haha. I'm relieved to hear you get some awesome excersise, I was worried going from my ib warehouse position that I would gain weight !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back