MODERATED General Politics Thread II

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
I saw today that Hillary is likely going to run in 2020.

I hope she doesn't. Even though I'd vote for her, I think she's too vulnerable after already losing to trump once, and I don't want to gamble on a re-match.

I hope someone like Kamala Harris runs instead.

Aredhel

Jolly Rancher
This is why they kneel.
A black security guard captured a man who had shot up a bar and was holding him on the ground for the police to arrive.
The cops rolled up, jumped out and shot him.
So much for the 'good guy with a gun' saving the day.

Security guard killed by police in Robbins bar wanted to be a cop, friends say - https://wgntv.com/2018/11/12/officer-responds-to-gunfire-fatally-shoots-security-guard-at-robbins-bar/
Damn. I haven’t heard the details yet. Meh uniforms? Arguments pro and con. Don’t discount ‘good guy with a gun’. It can and does work.

TTGOz

"Suit"-able
God, I could never vote for Hillary. I could never vote from Trump. Bernie Sanders should have gotten the DNC nomination, fuck. lol

The inner-centrist is coming out of me. I guess it's no secret that I'm a centrist but is it so hard to get somebody with great morals, who doesn't work for the corporations they promise to fight against, and doesn't have changing/conflicting views? It's one thing to be swayed on an issue, but to have extremely opposite views from years prior? Hillary shouldn't even run.

No more dynasties.
Let the duopoly fall one day.
No more family imperialism.
No more BS

I've been doing a lot of research into Beto O Rourke and I really like the guy. People are really gunning for a presidential campaign from him and I'd like to also see it happen. Jesse Ventura is also eyeing a 2020 run possibly, someone who has also peaked my interests and actually served as my state's governor.

TTGOz

"Suit"-able
I'd like to see Kasich give it another shot. I don't agree with all of his policies but I would like to see a sane red ticket again.
I definitely didn't mind him. I can handle Republican politics if it's not Trump politics. It's so weird, there's actually a difference now!

can't touch this

Store Meme Leader
Kasich is an open-borders/TPP shill. Hard pass.

I definitely didn't mind him. I can handle Republican politics if it's not Trump politics. It's so weird, there's actually a difference now!
What exactly is Kasich's appeal to you, I mean besides "not Trump"? Looking at his record he's the typical GOPer in every way, from union-busting in Ohio to selling off prisons to private companies, defunding Planned Parenthood, etc.

can't touch this

Store Meme Leader
"Well golly gee wilikers!" Kasich barked in frustration as the sniper round richoceted off the swingset bar, missing the frolicking children

"This is the problem with Washington!" Kasich snarled as he yanked the starter cord on the chainsaw

"Oh geez, oh man!" Kasich murmured as he leveled the RPG-7 at the school bus

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again!" Kasich roared down the dry well at the young woman cowering in fear

"COMMON SENSE GUN CONTROL" Kasich yelled as he pressed the barrel of his 1911 against the young boy's tonsils

"Aw, shucks!" Kasich groaned as the tied-up man flatlined from shock before the vivisection was even finished

"Golly, everybody thinks Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer!" Kasich chuckled as he dragged the body over the bridge railing

God, I could never vote for Hillary. I could never vote from Trump. Bernie Sanders should have gotten the DNC nomination, fuck. lol

The inner-centrist is coming out of me. I guess it's no secret that I'm a centrist but is it so hard to get somebody with great morals, who doesn't work for the corporations they promise to fight against, and doesn't have changing/conflicting views? It's one thing to be swayed on an issue, but to have extremely opposite views from years prior? Hillary shouldn't even run.

No more dynasties.
No more BS

I've been doing a lot of research into Beto O Rourke and I really like the guy. People are really gunning for a presidential campaign from him and I'd like to also see it happen. Jesse Ventura is also eyeing a 2020 run possibly, someone who has also peaked my interests and actually served as my state's governor.

tbh you're not really a centrist if you're for Bernie but not Hillary

Bernie is pretty far left lol

REDcardJJ

crosstrained AF

No more dynasties.
No more BS

I've gotta disagree with you here, buddy.

Hillary Clinton has worked very hard for her career and it's super unfair to look at her as Bill Clinton's wife or the continuation of a political dynasty when she's so much more than that. She was a successful lawyer, an involved first lady, a Senator, and Secretary of State. Every politician in America has changing views. Hillary Clinton is the victim of a lifelong campaign of character assassination by the GOP and far left (who, ironically, are using GOP talking points). She was favored to win in 2016 until Donald Trump's campaign colluded with a foreign power to use WikiLeaks to derail her campaign. And she would have been an amazing President.

can't touch this

Store Meme Leader

Hillary Clinton has worked very hard for her career and it's super unfair to look at her as Bill Clinton's wife or the continuation of a political dynasty when she's so much more than that. She was a successful lawyer, an involved first lady, a Senator, and Secretary of State. Every politician in America has changing views. Hillary Clinton is the victim of a lifelong campaign of character assassination by the GOP and far left (who, ironically, are using GOP talking points). She was favored to win in 2016 until Donald Trump's campaign colluded with a foreign power to use WikiLeaks to derail her campaign. And she would have been an amazing President.
lol really dude

Hillary Clinton is a grasping Boomer harpy and the classic type specimen of the "limousine leftist", whose presidency would've looked like an Eastern European bureaucracy built on bribes and personal connections. She has a longstanding reputation for corruption and an obsessive will-to-power for a reason, a reputation that was finally confirmed by the WikiLeaks leaks. The WikiLeaks dox confirmed what many people had suspected for years - Clinton was taking bribes ("pay to play") from many foreign leaders and funneling them through her front organization, including from the Saudis. The Saudis are well known for executing gays by launching them from rooftops, making the slobbery worship of her by 99.998% of gay men all the more bizarre. Personally I think politics is already cringey enough without adding in weird autogynephilia on top of it all. Anyways it's quite telling that Hill's shills are more upset by the fact that the leaks happened than what they revealed.

She was favored to win in 2016 because pundits used flawed models based on previous election years, while the dynamics of the 2016 cycle were quite different. There's also simple overconfidence by coastal leftists who underestimated Trump's popularity among flyover normies. The end results of the election would have been the same if Russia didn't exist, because nobody needed Russia to understand what a corrupt, shrill, unlikeable harpy Clinton is, just like we didn't need Edward Snowden to know that the NSA puts backdoors in a lot of software and engages in mass surveillance of Americans without warrants. Do you know how many Berniebros I talked to who said they were going to vote Trump out of spite if Clinton got the nomination? There was significant discontent among the Democrats' own rank and file which contributed to Trump's win. When your own candidate is unpopular with a big chunk of your own base, you have a problem.

TTGOz

"Suit"-able
tbh you're not really a centrist if you're for Bernie but not Hillary

Bernie is pretty far left lol
I'm pretty sure if Bernie had an actual chance being a Green Party or Independent nominee, he would have ran as that, but they're not allowed in debates as part of a duopoly and he wouldn't have been able to get his word out. I like a lot of what he had to say, what resonated most with me about Bernie was essentially what people liked in Donald Trump... except far left. Someone to reset Washington. Anyone not Donald Trump was better, there's things I can find myself agreeing with Trump on but the things he's said, the amount of things that he's done I don't agree with, and his voter-base turned me off of him.

I don't think it means I'm any less a centrist just because I decided to choose a side. I share a lot of fiscally conservative values I've posted a lot about but obviously are buried now. There's a politician I align with a lot at least I think so and his name is Jesse Ventura. Minus all of the conspiracy theory mumble jumble, I think he's actually extremely educated and hard-pressed to educate everyone else. I found out he calls himself fiscally conservative, socially liberal, something I've called myself as well before learning more about him. Everyone says an independent is a wasted vote, but when he got allowed in to to gubernatorial debates here in Minnesota... he out spoke, out debated his duopoly opponents, and told everybody the cold hard truth... and he got elected as Governor of MN under the Reform Party.

Point is, Jesse Ventura is like the ultimate centrist/independent, and he supported Bernie Sanders up until the DNC bought out for Hillary.
Kasich is an open-borders/TPP shill. Hard pass.

What exactly is Kasich's appeal to you, I mean besides "not Trump"? Looking at his record he's the typical GOPer in every way, from union-busting in Ohio to selling off prisons to private companies, defunding Planned Parenthood, etc.
Looking back into him after two years, I realized he's meh. I didn't educate myself as much back then and went off of my old knowledge. I was a pawn and pretty much the only reason was he spoke more intelligently than Trump and he "wasn't trump." 😂 but now that I think I've found where I stand on politics, I'm gonna retract and pass.

Flow Warrior

progenitor of thalassophobia

Until she died shortly into her term and got replaced.