MODERATED General Politics Thread II

can't touch this

Store Meme Leader
Public executions would not be well received even by a lot of people who support capital punishment, and adding to the cringe there's always going to be the sobbing moralizers who show up in huge crowds to hold candlelight vigils for cannibal-necrophile-child-rapists who are about to swing

Aredhel

Jolly Rancher
“In the kitchen” seems to have so much baggage these days. I knew women who wielded extraordinary power from the kitchen. Wiving and mothering became unfashionable a couple of generations back and I can’t see that’s it’s done society much good.

I do not want to go to war with Russia.
I never have.
Nothing about my posts indicate such a thing.
What I do want is a president who is not a toady to Putin.
What I want i want is for them to stop messing with our elections.
if they do, they need to be called out for it and suitability punished.
The sanctions on Russia that were supposed to be put into effect before 45 blocked them for his boss would be a good start.
We need to start treating them like a foe.
Putin hates us.
We need to handle him accordingly.

Humble TL

Timers ,Please!
Not a source. You made the claim, back it up or drop it
In order to do that I would need some fucks to give, which I don’t have.
Furthermore even if I did have some, I wouldn’t ,cause I just don’t.

Edit:- not even a single fuck.

can't touch this

Store Meme Leader
Public executions would spiral out of control at light speed in today's society. It would become a reality show or an HBO pay-per-view spectacular. It would turn into a contest like Idol and America would be able to text their vote as to who was killed and how. The producers would plant people in the audience to stir the pot and make sure a riot ensued between the "hang 'em high" crowd and the "candle holding" crowd. The criminals would be given social media access and would have millions of followers...imagine what vile serial killers, rapists, those who have tortured children etc( whose names I won't mention) would post uncensored to millions...all for ratings.
This isn't Ancient Rome dude

I'm actually kinda happy with my state's governor this week. Texas almost did something stupid recently. The board that governs plumbing licenses and regulations was almost abolished because a bunch of idiot lawmakers think we don't need licenses and regulations to install pipes. Nevermind the fact that licensed plumbers deal with things like natural gas and medical gas lines and if those aren't done correctly, there's a damn good chance that people are going to be hurt. We have a shortage of plumbers and obviously it's due to pesky licensing requirements and nothing at all to do with our educational system that only tells kids to go to college and ignores blue collar trades. This also totally has nothing to do with homebuilders lobbying to lower construction costs.

The governor says he can keep the board going for the next two years without needing a special session. He also signed off on a bill that bans red light cameras statewide. Fuck those things and the cities that pull the "guilty until proven innocent" tickets behind them.

can't touch this

Store Meme Leader
I just can't forget that Texans build apartment complexes and schools next door to fertilizer factories with Texas sized piles of ammonium nitrate just fucking chilling everywhere

We outta let the free markit decide, pardner, or the terrorists win!

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
I just can't forget that Texans build apartment complexes and schools next door to fertilizer factories with Texas sized piles of ammonium nitrate just fucking chilling everywhere
Business is booming in Texas, casualties be damned.