MODERATED General Politics Thread II

HardlinesFour

Super Ninja & Site Mod.
Staff member
Everyone on this board is entitled to form and hold their own opinions. In past dealings with you, I've been fairly courtual and given very long, detailed responses - for which you've mostly ignored & responded with short, and in my opinion meaningless comebacks. I'm just being honest, I'm not going to respond to your questions.

If you do have a actual problem with the board, or question about your account, Me, Commie or StaticSun will help you. I'm just not going to continue debating anything political with you.

REDcardJJ

Service and Engagement TL
i removed myself from a previous discussion (pretty sure it was about gun control) because it was evident that we weren't going to agree or find common ground. not sure how that's trolling, but thanks. i looked up what i said previously: "i disagree with your opinion". would it have made you feel better if i had just completely ignored you? because that's what i'll just do going forward.

i've been nothing but polite to you and you treat me with the disrespect of calling my responses meaningless, worthless, and calling me a troll (or rather "[equivalent] to a troll".

i don't feel like you're interested in having a conversation about [literally issues in our country]. i feel like you're interested in proving yourself right and others wrong.

so this will be the last message i address to you, because i won't tolerate being disrespected. i'm a person and my voice matters and you can't take that away from me.

HardlinesFour

Super Ninja & Site Mod.
Staff member
I'm not going to go into this. I am a Moderator here at TBR, and I am obviously held to a higher degree of standards, and that includes being professional. I have been a member since 2011, and have never received a single warning, and was brought on as a Full Time Moderator in 2014. In that time frame, I've never once attempted to "silence" a member, or insult them. On the contrary, I've actually allowed some to speak far further than we should have allowed. Long time members, can attest to my attitude and dealings on this board, but I feel no need to defend myself or explain anything further.

Like I said -- If you need any help, I will be here, as well as @commiecorvus, @StaticSun, and @catrainer.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
Okay, lets chill.

Sometimes people have such a strong opinion on something that no matter how hard people try they can't change their minds.
Often the attempts will just harden their resolve.

It took me a very long time to figure out that no matter how many facts, how often I yelled, cajoled, or debated with them chances were that they weren't going to come around.
In fact, it still takes me a while to figure that out.
So some times I just have to back off and leave them be, knowing that nothing I say is going to make a difference.

The important thing is not to insult each other here.
You can say someones opinions are bad just not that the person is bad.

can't touch this

💯💯💯💯
I thought about trying to promote to a moderator role here on TBR but I'm still waiting to hear back from Formina-sama about my starting salary

Aredhel

Jolly Rancher
I’d love to weigh in but if I get 15 consecutive internet minutes I’m lucky. Guns yay. Coyotes bad. But results not typical. Some days what even is my life🤔
Butcher, baker candlestick maker, we may find ourselves needing a weapon.

Last edited:
I march, there are marches all the time.
Hell, a prison guard drove his truck into a group of protesters a couple of weeks ago and sent a bunch to the hospital.
But nobody is paying attention because 45 has tweeted something stupid again.

I also work with people who have disabilities.
I see how the system has fucked our people over on a daily basis.

The reason we have people wanting to come here (mind you this tends to apply to brown people only - white people have it made when it comes to immigration) is that the situations in their home countries are so awful even the horrible treatment they get here is worth it.
And the fucked up part is that previous US administrations were responsible for the destabilization of their countries governments so they turned into the shitholes that 45 likes to call them.

Have you checked out the changes our dear president has made to the environmental laws and the EPA?
It will take years to fix the damage he has done.
Some people when President Obama was elected .... he's awful. He's Muslim. He's not native born. It's the end of the world.

Some people when President Trump was elected ... he's awful. He'll destroy the nation. I'm moving to [insert country]. It's the end of the world.

I really don't accept either scenario.

HardlinesFour

Super Ninja & Site Mod.
Staff member
For those who are curious, or want to see the posts that were made to me - they are all here, below. I have nothing to say, nothing to apologize for. And... It's funny, a lot of people would consider such racist comments about "returning where your from" totally hypocritical, but I guess rules only apply in one direction.

This is ending now. There will be no future or other posts regarding this. We are moving on.

i just don’t think you should live somewhere you don’t love
you can always move elsewhere if you don't like the laws of the city in which you're choosing to live

maybe you'd be more comfortable in rural texas
if i felt like you were open to having an actual discussion about coming up with solutions to issues then maybe i'd be willing to invest time. but you're not so i won't. (you also totally skipped over all of redeye's legitimate points, so don't talk to me about not bothering to counter previous arguments)

all i'm saying is if you don't like where you live, move. you aren't a hostage.
that's a funny way to say "i can't answer this question"
^Your Pre-Edited Post.

that doesnt address the concerns i have about loopholes, but thanks

absolutely no reason to not require background checks for private sales

HardlinesFour

Super Ninja & Site Mod.
Staff member
@HardlinesFour

You come off as such a lying hypocritical asshole in these posts. All I got from the last 3 pages of your bullshit was "I don't give a damn about anything unless it has a direct effect on me."
I was just attempting to repeat my point, even as it was being deflected. Did you understand the actual point & message, I was trying to say? I truly wonder if most people on here truly understand how "Catch & Release" works. It's a very simple way to cross into the country, and get processed out (in some cases, with even free transportation to your destination) -- with no risk of dying or getting killed in a desert and ZERO Coyote Fees. You even get to utilize public assistance programs until your court date comes up.

Antennae

BROPU
Gonna be lit to see posts ITT at some point about it's the fault of climate refugees for organizations such as oil companies, the US military, other first world nations' carbon outputs, etc.

But as long as we keep the status quo here, it'll be peaches and cream.

I was just attempting to repeat my point, even as it was being deflected. Did you understand the actual point & message, I was trying to say? I truly wonder if most people on here truly understand how "Catch & Release" works. It's a very simple way to cross into the country, and get processed out (in some cases, with even free transportation to your destination) -- with no risk of dying or getting killed in a desert and ZERO Coyote Fees. You even get to utilize public assistance programs until your court date comes up.
Perhaps I should have quoted, but the fact that you outright say you lack sympathy for others, in my opinion, is morally reprehensible.

Perhaps I should have quoted, but the fact that you outright say you lack sympathy for others, in my opinion, is morally reprehensible.
I'll admit to not folloeingbthos thread as closely as others, but I don't see where HardlinesFour outright said that. As in he wrote those words.

can't touch this

💯💯💯💯
So uh yeah, on the topic of immigration, idk about you guys but IMO our friends over in Israel have a pretty bangin' setup goin on. Their laws explicitly favor the Jewish supermajority, they built a wall to keep the riffraff out and when the Islamists get silly they punt them into camps, and I don't mean the kind where you earn merit badges. I might even be slightly jelly, to be quite honest with you famalam. After I take office next January I'll be sure to pay them a state visit with many high-fives to give out. Rise and grind nationalists, let's get this Ordnung! 😂👌💯💯💯

Everyone has opinions, please respect them. We have no impact on them, except for voting by your own decision.
Remember the past gun events in Va, Maryland, Nc & Texas,

Last edited:

can't touch this

💯💯💯💯
I do truly miss the dearly departed Jakey, if only for the temporary alliance that he unwittingly helped forge in the politics thread. Them was the days, radfems and nationalists, gun nuts and gun grabbers, united in the posting trenches as allies against the lolbertarian menace. Divided, we could not hope to hold our ground against such a heavy assault of shitposting, but it was only together that we crushed our enemy, drove him before us and heard the lamentations of his anime girlfriends. A hard-won victory through unity!

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
For those who are curious, or want to see the posts that were made to me - they are all here, below. I have nothing to say, nothing to apologize for. And... It's funny, a lot of people would consider such racist comments about "returning where your from" totally hypocritical, but I guess rules only apply in one direction.

This is ending now. There will be no future or other posts regarding this. We are moving on.

^Your Pre-Edited Post.
Compared to other posters, the comments are pretty benign & I didn't see anything that came off as a personal attack.
Your insistence that you know FOR A FACT that ALL asylum seekers are lying makes it obvious you have a personal issue with it.
Do you, in fact, work for Immigration?
If so, your argument could carry more weight.
Of course, this will probably not stay up long as moderators can delete posts.

Let's be fair, I've had my fair share of disagreements with HL4 and not once have I seen him abuse his power and delete a post based on not liking the argument.