MODERATED General Politics Thread II

HardlinesFour

Super Ninja & Site Mod.
Staff member
Fairly sure, no one talks like that.

Monumental assholes.
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article234984187.html - The Charlotte Obserber which is generally considered very left leaning, did a great job at covering the story.

Regardless, Rep. Deb Butler -- herself, Is a lunatic. Apparently, she's been held in Contempt of Court at least two times in New Hanover County. Certainly not someone, I would want representing me in the State, or in a Courtroom. She sounds extremely "professional".

Secondly, the interesting little tidbit, is the exact same version of the Republicans bill, was previously passed by both Democrats, and Republicans in the House & Senate - but VETOED by Roy Cooper (the Governor) on June 5th.

In addition, for this bill to pass through what's called a "VETO Override" - they will still, need the vote of a single democrat in the Senate, to finish the budget out. Oh and as for that bullshit, about all the House Democrats "being busy" at a 9/11 Function, only the governor and one representative, decided to show up. Everyone else, used it as a holiday.

“Republicans called a deceptive surprise override of my budget veto,” Cooper said. “Unfortunately, it’s the people of North Carolina who lose.”

Unfortunately, it's actually the citizens of NC who lose, while you needlessly attempt to carry out Political Strategies in a pathetic bid to run for President. It's also the citizens of NC, who lost justice, while you ran the state's crime lab into the fucking ground, resulting in a nearly 2 1/2 year backlog to process rape kits. And lastly, it's the state tax payers of NC, who lose, when you decide to waste their hard earned money for vote pandering.

HardlinesFour

Super Ninja & Site Mod.
Staff member
Beau has some excellent comments on the bullshit in NC.

He starts with a comment that a lot of Democrats - were at a 9/11 Memorial Event, which isn't true. Most decided to take a personal day, or holiday.

Secondly, he makes a comment, that the only reason "we know about this" is Deb Butler's actions. But, I can guarantee you, the media desk at CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, Washington Post were just salivating - the moment they saw a mention of this article from another outlet. They read the circulated story, probably from a local news outlet in North Carolina.

Thirdly, what is conveniently left out from these stories. Is the inconvenient fact that this budget bill was VOTED IN by both House & Senate Republicans and Democrats, but was VETOED by the Governor - because he decided he wanted something more.

These representatives were simply re-approving a bill that had already passed in the state. Not only that, but they will still need a single democrat in the State Senate to vote yes for the bill to pass.

But.... but, let's not let the facts get in the way of a GOOD, JUICY Story. We need to make sure to divide and undermine this country anyway we can.