1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

MODERATED General Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off The Clock Chatter' started by HardlinesFour, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Redzee

Redzee Team Leader

Watch out for the Cracken. Or Cracker it auto corrected.

redeye58 likes this.
  2. oath2order

oath2order Sexy Bond Girl

So I've been playing Night in the Woods and I would post about it in the video game thread but it's relatable here.

The themes in the game about small-town America, massive job loss after the factory closes up, it's very...topical.

3. Militantagnostic

Militantagnostic Just another brick in the wall...

commiecorvus likes this.
  4. oath2order

Good. I hope he does.

Arizona's state legislature has a house (35R - 25D), and a senate (17R - 13D). Both their Senators to Congress are Republican and their representatives to Congress are 4D - 4R - 1 vacant. The vacancy was previously a Republican seat. Trump took the state with 49.5% of the vote compared to 45.4% for Clinton.

By comparison, Alabama's state legislature has a house (70R - 33D - 2 Vacant) and a senate (35R - 7D, 1 Indy caucusing with R, 1 vacant). One Democratic senator, one Republican senator. Their representatives to Congress are 6 Republicans, and 1 Democrat. Trump took the state with 62.1% of the vote compared to 34.4% for Clinton.

Arpaio became Maricopa County Sheriff in 2000 with 66.5% of the vote. In 2004 he won with 56.7%, in 2008 he won with 55.2%, and in 2012 he won with 50.7%. 2016 he lost with 43.48%.

Joe Arpaio is a disliked figure in Arizona. That Senate seat will go to the Democrat. Arizona is far closer to being a purple state than Alabama ever was.

5. commiecorvus

commiecorvus Former Signing Ninja Moderator

6. TTGOz

TTGOz Team Leader

7. commiecorvus

I think he got in more trouble for saying that Fredo, I mean Trump Jr., committed treason.

8. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

That also lost him the support of his sugar-mama, Rebekah Mercer.

9. oath2order

10. commiecorvus

11. oath2order

COAL COAL

12. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Cat Herder in a Potemkin Village

Did you hear? Rumor has it Ancestory.com is changing their ads due to what "The Don" said/didn't say . Now the ads will say something like " Get your DNA tested today and find out what S*hole country you are from!" Actors will say things like "I found out I was 67% S*hole Haitiian!"

redeye58 likes this.
  13. canttouchthis777

canttouchthis777 The Notorious O.T.

Can confirm that Haiti is indeed a shithole, I know this hardcore Christian dude who went on a mission trip there (just why?) and got to see about 5 GB of photos he took while there...it really makes the poorest places in Mexico look like the main drag through Tinseltown. Naturally in spite of getting about 500 vaccinations prior to the trip the poor guy picked up some super-mega-ultrabug and spent a week in the hospital vomiting up blood and bile. Apparently in Haiti the concept of washing your hands after you take a dump is seen as some crazy white man voodoo, so welp

He did note that one odd thing he noticed about the locals was how many of them seemed kinda checked out all the time...he'd go down a certain street and see a random guy leaning against a wall staring off into space, and each trip back and forth down the same street he'd still be there, many hours later, still staring. Top notch place fam, we should annex Haiti and make it the 51st state!

14. commiecorvus

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    redeye58 likes this.
  15. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

16. oath2order

So what you're saying is:

[​IMG]

canttouchthis777 likes this.
  17. Redzee

Redzee Team Leader

I think Sarah Huckabee Sanders has one of the worst jobs. Facepalm and a bucket of antacids.

18. canttouchthis777

canttouchthis777 The Notorious O.T.

I still don't see why we really and truly need anybody from anywhere. This country has 320+ million people already, and I haven't seen any pro-immigration argument that wasn't either full of emotional appeals or read like a press release from the Chamber of Commerce.

I actually think Drumpf is way too generous with his immigration reform ideas. We don't need anybody from Norway any more than we need anybody from Haiti. If we need people with skills then we can reform paths to education and help Americans get those skills. If we need low-skill people we have millions of teenagers. A Haitian with a doctorate can be a doctor in Haiti, and a Norwegian oil engineer can go drill for oil in Norway.

Here is the actual reason why mass immigration is pushed so hard by the Democrats:

[​IMG]

The above map is what every election result would look like without decades of mass immigration, and the Democrats know it. That's why they're using it to gerrymander the electorate permanently in their favor, while hiding behind emotional rhetoric like "they just want to come here for a better life!" That's what makes their accusations of Drumpf's "racist" policies so funny...if immigration restriction is an attempt to "Make America White Again", then what does that say about the opposite proposal?

19. oath2order

Who picks your produce? Americans wont take the lowskill jobs.

20. oath2order