1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

MODERATED General Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off The Clock Chatter' started by HardlinesFour, Nov 8, 2016.

1. oath2order

oath2order Sexy Bond Girl

redeye58 likes this.
  2. HardlinesFour

HardlinesFour Super Ninja & Site Mod. Moderator

He's kinda cute. Ivanka picked well.

3. oath2order

:|

4. commiecorvus

commiecorvus Former Signing Ninja Moderator

5. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

Not just a scumbag. His appointment to this incredibly important position at the WH (seriously, senior adviser is a great gig with a lot of influence) signals that Trump rewards loyalty. Unlike nearly every President of past, the incoming administration does not select people based on their experience, but instead on how close they are to Trump himself. We knew that when Ben Carson was nominated to the Cabinet in a position he has no experience to run. But really, what did we expect when we elected a man who has no experience of his own to run our government?

I think Kushner's appointment is actually the worst of them all, because this time it is a direct violation of federal law. Federal law right now prohibits political appointments of people who are related to you or are in your family. Son-in-law counts. The President is supposed to be our chief enforcer of laws, yet here he is openly violating them. Of course, don't expect congressional Republicans to do anything about it.

6. HardlinesFour

And the previous FHA Leaders were picked with better regard?

7. oath2order

I mean I was going for the obvious nepotism part and how it's against the law to appoint him but there's that.

Flabbergasted likes this.
  8. HardlinesFour

9. oath2order

Flabbergasted likes this.
  10. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

They have at least had experience doing something which affects housing and urban development. Current HUD Secretary Julian Castro served on the San Antonio City Council and eventually as Mayor of that city for years. He knows a lot about urban development, having presided over an urban area. Ben Carson is a brain surgeon. He has exactly zero experience in this field. He would've made more sense as HHS Secretary (but still not a whole lot of sense).

Again, I'm probably expecting too much from President Celebrity Apprentice, whose experience consists of bankrupt businesses and telling people they're fired on TV.

11. HardlinesFour

Clearly, you have zero idea what HUD & The Federal Housing Administration actually does.

12. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

Maybe I don't, but I'm also not the President-elect. You think Trump knows anything about the department? If he did, he would've appointed someone other than Ben fucking Carson.

13. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

Calling it now.
    If Russia wanted to destabilize the US, the next round of leaks will happen during the midterm elections & this time it could be the GOP who takes it in the nuts.
    It could cost them Congressional majorities &, while they would still have Judicial & Executive branches, both parties would be busy trying to rebuild credibility with voters.

14. HardlinesFour

Google sums it up best. Saved me so much time....
    [​IMG]

15. redeye58

Which STILL makes Carson woefully under-qualified.

16. HardlinesFour

And.... I can tell you first hand, not a SINGLE person ever has been qualified, nor has had experience in the industry. NOT ONE.

17. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

You're still evading the fact that Trump and Carson have no idea how to run HUD. Why are you criticizing me for not knowing? I'm not the President-elect or the HUD Secretary nominee. I don't have to know how it works. Your guys should, and they don't. Does that not concern you that the incoming administration is appointing people who have no idea what they're doing? Don't you think HUD and other important federal agencies should be run by people who are knowledgeable about the goings-on of those agencies? Because if you're telling me Ben Carson is gonna do a better job than Julian Castro, I've got a bridge to sell you.

18. redeye58

19. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

So do you think Rick Perry is qualified to be the Secretary of Energy, an agency he couldn't even remember he wanted to destroy during the presidential debates? Because the current Energy Secretary is a nuclear physicist. That's a lot more qualified than a stuttering, bumbling governor.

20. HardlinesFour

Pretty much all "HUD" does, is provide a funding market for low-to-no down payment mortgage loans to borrowers with mostly less-than-perfect credit. That... and they try to oversee the industry, and make sure there's no "racial" discrimination going on in the bigger banks. Which... rarely ever happens. Credit Reports don't include a persons race. What can happen is Mortgage Brokers steering people into alternative loan products, but... that's a small minority. Someone at your Chase Branch isn't going to deny your loan application because of your race. They want the commission.

Quite frankly... it's probably a good thing someone with first-hand knowledge in the industry isn't involved, because the loans that FHA issues have extremely loose standards, and probably should be tightened.