1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

MODERATED General Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off The Clock Chatter' started by HardlinesFour, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

Do you support the abolition of certain federal agencies, including HUD? If you do, that would be an extremist viewpoint. Why should I argue with an extremist?

2. HardlinesFour

HardlinesFour Super Ninja & Site Mod. Moderator

I don't support the "abolition" of much of anything. All I said was fact. No one who's held that position has ever been qualified, nor had experience. Most people don't even really know what HUD does.

3. HardlinesFour

While were talking about Government Programs... however, I wanna point out that Obama's "HAMP" & ""HOPE For Homeowners"" was absolute garbage, and just put more homeowners in foreclosure.
    Obama Program That Hurt Homeowners and Helped Big Banks Is Ending

4. oath2order

oath2order Sexy Bond Girl

or we can talk about trump's proclivity for golden showers

5. HardlinesFour

ew..... why would you wanna talk about that? Besides Buzzfeed says it's "unverified, and potentially unverifiable”.

6. oath2order

*potentially*

7. HardlinesFour

Didn't you tell me...

8. oath2order

Yes, I did.

I never said that Trump was dumb because of his proclivities. I just want to talk about ti

9. HardlinesFour

You wanna talk about people's sex lives?

10. oath2order

the PEOTUS' sure

11. HardlinesFour

You realize... that's kinda creepy right?

12. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

Why do you protect Trump so much? Is he your relative or something?

There is nothing wrong with criticizing the man who is about to be President for the next four, possibly eight years. Republicans certainly had no problem with it for the Obama years.

13. HardlinesFour

Something about talking about his sex life... just seems creepy. It's like thinking about your parents, or the Obama's.

14. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

Anything and everything is game when you are President. Did you know Republicans have criticized Obama for putting mustard on his burger? So golden showers don't seem so silly.

15. HardlinesFour

And 'tis is why we shouldn't talk about such things. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. commiecorvus

commiecorvus Former Signing Ninja Moderator

@HardlinesFour I think you have reduced HUD's responsibilities far furthers than they actually are.

The loan programs certainly make a difference on the housing needs but we need to take a closer look at the enforce fair housing laws piece.
    They have gone after real estate brokers who red line districts (cut minorities out of certain areas or only sell to them in certain areas), they go after scammers who do fake foreclosures, renters who discriminate who renters with children, and landlords who discriminate against people with disabilities.
    Enforcement

Here is the thing, as a landlord Trump has run afoul of these guys on a number of occasions and lost.
    I suspect he will be more than happy to gut them like a fish.
    What better way then to put a total incompetent in charge?

redeye58 likes this.
  17. HardlinesFour

Most of that, though is pursued by the Department of Justice & the AG's office. They have a very limited role in most of those matters. Like I said, most of their work involves home loans.

Beyond that... many realtors and real estate brokers would be dumb to discriminate against anyone, for the sake of their commission checks.

And I'd once again remind you, that not a single person holding that position has had any prior experience, whatsoever. It's kinda a running joke.

18. commiecorvus

commiecorvus Former Signing Ninja Moderator

Okay we are well and truly fucked.

I had really hoped that Trumps anti-vaxer crap was just bullshit for the campaign but now he has put an anti-vaxer in charge of the program so we will be seeing all the work of Linus Pauling go straight down the tubes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/10/...nizations.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

So fuck this.

It's one thing when it's civil rights and global weather change, it's something else when we are talking about babies dying.

redeye58 likes this.
  19. Backroom81

Backroom81 Well-Known Member

Almost every one of his staff picks seem to be an answer to "Who is the worst possible person I can pick to fill this role?"

Noiinteam, redeye58 and oath2order like this.
  20. oath2order

Who wants to play?

[​IMG]