1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

MODERATED General Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off The Clock Chatter' started by HardlinesFour, Nov 8, 2016.

1. HardlinesFour

HardlinesFour Super Ninja & Site Mod. Moderator

What does the winner get?

2. smashandthrash

smashandthrash The Baddest RC Driver in The West

Listened to a couple hours of the Tillerson hearing today. Enjoyable.

Listened to the Trump press conference today. Not enjoyable.

3. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

So when will President Goldenshowers address the leak that Russia is blackmailing him?

We cannot have the President of the United States kowtowing to an enemy nation simply because he is afraid they might take the "piss" of him. If that's the case, Congress has a duty to file impeachment proceedings immediately. At least Pence is not hiring prostitutes to piss on him.

4. HardlinesFour

Yeah.... because President Pence would be a million times better than Trump. God, your so smart.

5. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

This is more nuanced than you make it out to be. I don't think Pence will be any better or worse than Trump is in many respects. He will at least not be a national laughingstock like Trump is. He at least knows how to run a government, unlike Trump. He appears to be a very moral man, so he's probably not hiring prostitutes to piss on a bed that the Obamas once slept on. He doesn't have a myriad of interest conflicts like Trump does. At this point, if the choice is between Trump and Pence, I'll take the turd that smells slightly better: Pence. Of course, Pence was not my first or second or 800th choice to be President, but we take what we can get.

redeye58 likes this.
  6. HardlinesFour

I'd like to actually get married this year. So No. I don't want Pence.

7. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

And you think Trump cares about your rights? Damn, it must be hard having this much cognitive dissonance. News flash: Pence is going to be Vice President of the United States of America. The second in command. And by Trump's own admission, very likely to be one of the most powerful VPs in U.S. history because he will effectively be running policy in this administration (Trump has said things to this effect). So it doesn't matter. You're absolutely delusional if you think Pence isn't going to have enormous influence in his position. Especially considering Trump is the most likely President to face impeachment proceedings with a new scandal out daily.

Also, it's Congress and the Supreme Court who will affect your right to marry the most. And guess who's in charge of both? Republicans. Republicans who would reverse that Court decision tomorrow if they could. You should be very afraid.

8. HardlinesFour

I think he would respectfully leave them along, at least for now. He's come out and said it's been decided. Not only that, but the other "candidate" wasn't exactly a champion either.

Screw You.

I'm not afraid.

9. oath2order

oath2order Sexy Bond Girl

Trump said HE would leave gay rights alone. However he also said Pence will essentially be running things.

If you don't think that Pence will recommend antigay justices for SCOTUS then I don't know what to say

10. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

No more creepy that a guy who said he'd 'totally date Ivanka if she wasn't his daughter'.

Flabbergasted likes this.
  11. Backroom81

Backroom81 Well-Known Member

I would gladly take Trump over Pence. As much as I dislike the idea of a showboating retard being in charge, I'll still take that over someone who supports conversion therapy for gays. Having Trump as president denies hardcore bible thumpers like Cruz/Pence from getting a free pass to push religious based laws on us.

Noiinteam and redeye58 like this.
  12. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

Mark my words, in a year's time Trump will be impeached. He will be too much of an embarrassment to continue. Maybe he'll piss himself on national television or he'll shoot somebody on 5th Ave (as he's discussed). There has got to be a breaking point for Republicans.

redeye58 likes this.
  13. HardlinesFour

14. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

To be fair, almost everyone predicted Hillary Clinton would win the Presidency. And she did. By 3 million popular votes. This electoral college system belongs in the 1790s.

15. HardlinesFour

Too Bad. So Sad. Oh Well.

16. oath2order

You know full well that if the same thing happened here with Bernie winning popular vote but losing electorally, you would be losing your shit.

17. RandomRedShirt

RandomRedShirt Active Member

You know that the entire story was made up by 4chan right? That the /pol/ board fabricated the entire thing and somehow BuzzFeed took the fake news and ran with the garbage. Yeah...BuzzFeed is fake news. Sorry.

HardlinesFour likes this.
  18. HardlinesFour

Good Game, Guys. Good Game.

[​IMG]

19. Yourbasement

Yourbasement Food Ave Dude

Well Trump gets inaugurated pretty soon. Time to see how much damage he can potentially do, and no doubt there will be corruption in his administration. But I'm not wasting time worrying as much on the federal level despite Congress and such having the power to roll us back into the stone age, I do wanna see where the GOP will go with Obamacare though... still no solutions.

I hope Rand Paul and the gang get the Audit The Fed bill passed though.

20. oath2order

TBH I hope it does pass and then it turns out that it was a just a giant waste of time and absolutely nothing is wrong with the Fed or their practices