Archived Getting coached Off the clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
One night me and 2 other team members were off the clock we had an idea to take the electric carts out for a spin around the store. Keep in mind that we are off the clock, I understand this was a stupid idea bash me all you want. As we were strolling around the store with these electric carts of course AP saw us and immediately informed an ETL and he approached us that we were mistreating target property. Mistreating and Misusing are two different words. I understand the fact that I was misusing target property and I take full responsibility for my dumb action. But he went on and said that I will get coached or lead to a CA. Days went by and he has yet to speak to me or the other 2 team members about what happened that night. Till today one of the TM got fired. I understand that he got fired because he already had 2 finals and now with a write up which led to termination. I just don't get how this can happen when I'm off the clock, guests did not know I was a target employee. I was not in uniform at all but still managed to get coached. Any information will be very useful.

They cant do much. Fucking with target equipment off the clock is just vandalism which can get the police involved but you can't be coached since you were a guest

One night me and 2 other team members were off the clock we had an idea to take the electric carts out for a spin around the store. Keep in mind that we are off the clock, I understand this was a stupid idea bash me all you want. As we were strolling around the store with these electric carts of course AP saw us and immediately informed an ETL and he approached us that we were mistreating target property. Mistreating and Misusing are two different words. I understand the fact that I was misusing target property and I take full responsibility for my dumb action. But he went on and said that I will get coached or lead to a CA. Days went by and he has yet to speak to me or the other 2 team members about what happened that night. Till today one of the TM got fired. I understand that he got fired because he already had 2 finals and now with a write up which led to termination. I just don't get how this can happen when I'm off the clock, guests did not know I was a target employee. I was not in uniform at all but still managed to get coached. Any information will be very useful.
Regardless of what you did you were not on the clock and cant be coached for things you do on your time. Give it sometime and see what happens. I hope things work OK.

That's exactly my point! For example if I was to do that at another store they would have no clue whatsoever that I'm a target employee and have no other choice but to just tell me to not do what I was doing. But no this ETL when out of his way to get this coaching his number one priority and get it written up for me to sign which I AM NOT DOING. because I don't acknowledge the fact that I'm going through this when I shouldn't because I WAS OFF THE CLOCK. But no talking to them is like talking to a wall.

Regardless of what you did you were not on the clock and cant be coached for things you do on your time. Give it sometime and see what happens. I hope things work OK.
Thank you for taking time out of your day to reply!

Eh. Technically no. However, you're still tarnishing your image to management. They can fire you for just not performing to their standards. Target will just find some other reason to give you the boot if they no longer want you working there.

Management at target? Nope not happening at all. I'd rather stab my fingers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it's going to take a lot more than this to get rid of me.

Don't screw around, especially in the same place you work. Be professional, earn respect. You're on target property and an employee, playing with disability machines can and will lead to trouble, even off the clock.
Oh I completely understand that I honestly do, but it really shouldn't be a coaching.

Management at target? Nope not happening at all. I'd rather stab my fingers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it's going to take a lot more than this to get rid of me.

Don't shit where you eat. Take this as a learning experience, and hope you don't get fired. Good luck.

If you were just a guest, they could simply eject you from the store and call the police to have you charged with trespassing if you refused to leave. But that would be kind of awkward when you showed up to your next shift and you're not allowed in.

If you were really coached, then they should have had you fill out a punch correction. But it sounds more like you were just told off (like they might do to someone who doesn't work there).

You have no way of knowing what the other TM was actually fired for. Even if he flat out told you it was for riding those carts through the store, I wouldn't bet someone who is immature enough to do that would be mature enough to understand exactly why he was being fired.

Do you think if you came into your store and started knocking things over that they wouldn't talk to you next time you're on the clock? Or would you expect they just ask you to leave and then everything would be okay next time you punch in?

It's not that you necessarily did something horrible, but if you understand that you're contributing yet another annoyance to someone else's day in the place that you work I can certainly see why they'd be irritated enough to coach you. You might not be in uniform but you're still a representation of your store. I doubt your leadership is all too happy with employing kids that would take carts that are meant for the disabled and leisurely stroll about the store.

Yeah, sorry. We've had a TM on here get fired for something she did off the clock. If you are on Target property, you need to watch yourself. For example, if you go to another store and give them a hard time about something, and they find out you are a tm at another store, you will be talked to and/or coached next time you work.

If you are off the clock and allow someone else to use your discount card, you will be in trouble if you are caught. It doesn't matter if you are on the clock or not.

If you want to be immature and don't care whose lives you are making harder, go to Walmart. If you want your job, you need to act like an adult when you are on your employer's property.

How (as best you can recall) long have you had brain damage?

;)

Next time you are on the clock they can coach you. What you did merits a CCA for conduct. That would put you on a final which is probably why they haven't spoken to you because they are waiting for the corrective action to be approved. Next time don't do something stupid like that and expect them not to say something to you.

You can be coached (at a later time, on the clock) for actions done off the clock on Target property. That extends outside of your store.

Technically what you did warrants a final warning if they want to want to go that far. And like someone else said, you have no idea what that other person was really fired for. This incident may have just been the final straw for them.

I do have to ask, as a TM, what would you do if you saw someone playing around on the electric carts?

You and your two buddies got warned by an ETL not to do that.
The warning was used as an excuse to finally fire one of the TMs that was with you who was apparently a problematic worker since he already had two finals.
You have said you still have yet to actually be coached yet.

I don't see what the problem is here.

If they coached one they're coaching all of them. If they don't coach all of them, that guy wasn't fired for electric carts.
And to the OP. You can get coached for shit you say on FACEBOOK. Why wouldn't they be able to coach you for this?

If you're 10 and want to play bumper cars, go to a carnival or Disney World.

The immaturity of this current generation is ... I have no words.

Oh please. You're immature too. Just in an entirely different way. Let's just hope the OP is actually at an age where mistakes like this aren't just flat out embarassing.

I don't ride around in scooters at Target. I walk like most humans do. Thank you.

Oh and you don't know anything about me. Get some better material.

I don't ride around in scooters at Target. I walk like most humans do. Thank you.

Oh and you don't know anything about me. Get some better material.

That's why I said, "Just in an entirely different way." You've shared enough that I can make that judgment just on how you express yourself. It's not like I expect you to agree. It's just funny seeing you make a remark about maturity.

Keep telling yourself that but seriously get some new material. If you're going to insult and mock me, at least be creative and witty. That goes for anyone on this planet. If you're going to bash me, I want some originality and creativity. I love it that you can't stand me. HAHAHA! The power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the role of villain.

Keep telling yourself that but seriously get some new material. If you're going to insult and mock me, at least be creative and witty. That goes for anyone on this planet. If you're going to bash me, I want some originality and creativity. I love it that you can't stand me. HAHAHA! The power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the role of villain.

All subjective, my friend! Maybe my goal isn't to be funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back