Archived Getting rid of Cafes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrin

Beauty, Front End, Fulfillment
Hey guys! I keep hearing rumors about Target planning to close down the cafes and replace them with Starbucks (with stores that don't have it currently) or other food-related areas, but I've seen no official announcements and my GSTLs know nothing about it so far. I know the sales are pitiful in that area compared to many others so it definitely makes sense! Just curious if anyone has heard similar rumors/been confirmed for this happening. I'm dying to know lol

I really wish would happen. Our Cafe is in dire need of some remodel.

Several stores in my district were part of the remodel to 2.0 and I know at least two of them closed their cafes and opened Starbucks instead. There is another store in my district that has both? I found that odd.

You can check if your store is losing it's cafe this year by going on to workbench and searching for remodel. Some stores are slated to close their cafes, others are not. You can also find out what (if anything) is replacing it.

My store has had both since the beginning...I do wonder if it will be taken out to expand Starbuck's space and maybe make a quick-grab food/liquor section. I don't know how well that would work with our current set up, though. But there's honestly not a ton of space to be reclaimed, since Starbucks is obviously going to stay and they take up a decent chunk of the kitchen.

You can check if your store is losing it's cafe this year by going on to workbench and searching for remodel. Some stores are slated to close their cafes, others are not. You can also find out what (if anything) is replacing it.
What about just a general front end remodel? We need one.

We have both & our cafe is VERY popular with the moms who don't want to spend nearly $2 on a cake pop.
Also have a lot of retired folk who love the popcorn, pretzels & hotdogs, too.
I've heard the rumor but, considering the source at my store, it's likely true :(

wish our store had fresh food been open since sept 2007 next target is 30 miles away makeup only remodel we had

THIS, we have both but our cafe will be gone this summer. FWIW my DTL said all stores will lose their cafes in the next year but we'll see.

I'll never understand why they don't have both.

Cafe makes very little money. It was done as a convenience to guest but at my store no one eats there except team members. With focus on metrics such as sales per square foot. Stores are finding liquor areas or OPU space are much better bang for buck than cafe.

When it comes to Starbucks vs. Cafe it's no competition... The last store in my district that had cafe but no Starbucks just got a Starbucks and closed its cafe.

We had LOTS of patrons at FA, and they still complain about it being gone.

It wasn't all TM.

Ours was the same,fa wasn't great but not it's gone replaced by liquor,small chance of getting coffee during a break as our Starbucks is so busy.

My target I work at is the flagship store, and we closed ours last year. Guess what was built in it's place...? A liquor store. Granted we already had a Starbucks.

Yup an actual liquor store with wine beer rum the whole 9 yards...
They said it was because of all the unwanted patrons hanging around food avenue. But, that doesn't really make any sense since a liquor store wouldn't be any better..
Our store also recently got remodeled about 6 months ago, and the state I live in is hosting the Superbowl, with that target being less than a mile from the stadium, I think that has something to do with it..

Yup an actual liquor store with wine beer rum the whole 9 yards...
They said it was because of all the unwanted patrons hanging around food avenue. But, that doesn't really make any sense since a liquor store wouldn't be any better..
Our store also recently got remodeled about 6 months ago, and the state I live in is hosting the Superbowl, with that target being less than a mile from the stadium, I think that has something to do with it..

Liquor stores are a great way to make money in states that they are legal and it's a little safer than having it on the floor in terms of loss.

We had LOTS of patrons at FA,

Spending a dollar each on popcorn...

We're getting a remodel this summer, but they aren't getting rid of our cafe, for a Starbucks. Yet they still didn't want to pay the extra 200 dollars to buy a new turbochef rather than fix our broken one...

Liquor stores are a great way to make money in states that they are legal and it's a little safer than having it on the floor in terms of loss.

By having it next to an exit door whee most cafes are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back