Getting salvage on a truck

Why does the DC send stuff that's already gone salvage? It doesn't happen often, but I've received 3 different products just lately. Sometimes, it's product that we did carry but no longer do. Sometimes, it's product that another store in the area carries but we don't, and the pick label is for our store. Sometimes, it's a product we carry but a variety or scent that we don't. No upcoming POG for it in the zebra.
P.S. - I know that "why" questions don't very often have good answers in the land of Target. Still, I'm curious.
P.P.S. - This is aside from those really dumb things like getting Halloween costumes at Christmas time.

Why does the DC send stuff that's already gone salvage? It doesn't happen often, but I've received 3 different products just lately. Sometimes, it's product that we did carry but no longer do. Sometimes, it's product that another store in the area carries but we don't, and the pick label is for our store. Sometimes, it's a product we carry but a variety or scent that we don't. No upcoming POG for it in the zebra.
P.S. - I know that "why" questions don't very often have good answers in the land of Target. Still, I'm curious.
P.P.S. - This is aside from those really dumb things like getting Halloween costumes at Christmas time.
That item was either a MISPICK or set up for replenishment in your store. Is an issue with the team that repurposes DPCIs or improperly carry forward an item onto a new pog. It’s not really anything you can fix and like you said the why questions don’t make much sense in target especially with freight and replenishment

This past spring I received some wax warmers in my domestics repacks that did not have a current or upcoming pog. I stickered them as a repackage and they sold quickly on the clearance endcap. Six months later, guess what was added the candle pog? The same wax warmers. And wouldn't you know, I didn't have any in stock when I set it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I got a box of the cheap plastic plates we sold during BTS the other day. They were straight up 0.00 in the zebra, so straight to salvage they went. A stray box here or there of NPO stuff that at least has a price for rewrap is pretty common, but that was the first time I got a box of something that had already gone salvage.

I assume the box got lost in the DC somewhere, just like boxes of stuff get lost in the backroom, so off to a store it went to salvage out.

If it’s not pre tied it will come from dc with no planogram
No pretie is just for the pick labels and locations in order to trap properly. The pogs are in the mydevice and set workload up to 6 weeks out. Only reason your preties are due EOD Monday two week in advance is to ensure the freight from the DC is properly labeled. Your preties don’t effect anything in the POG world. Preties are only supposed to be used on approved POG that will be trapped. If it’s not getting trapped you’re not supposed to pretie. For example the big beauty transition mention in the January addendum specifically says not to pretie and to backstock all transition that comes in. They make the pretie schedules for a reason

Last edited:
I got a medium sized box of assorted Physician's Formula salvage once. No upcoming pogs, just a totally random assortment of salvage stuff. It was fun.

I figure the DC is just cleaning house. Clearing out the random "found" items - just like we randomly find shit in the BR while doing inventory prep.

In the last week I have found in the backroom: an Easter wine stopper, a case of BTS Dollar Spot chalkboards, Halloween decorative pumpkins, box of harvest trivets, ODL string lights, spring home decor, car sunshades, and drinkware. All salvage.

In the last week I have found in the backroom: an Easter wine stopper, a case of BTS Dollar Spot chalkboards, Halloween decorative pumpkins, box of harvest trivets, ODL string lights, spring home decor, car sunshades, and drinkware. All salvage.
We pulled all our price change pulls leading up to the pricing app update and were under the impression we cleared out the backroom. Started pulling EOL for every fillgroup and we found so much salvage. Not sure why it wouldn’t come out when it dropped the following week but pulled with an EOL pull. I highly recommend EOL pulls

Related question - we've been getting several of the same model vaporizer with no upcoming POG showing in the zebra. I'm thinking maybe it's part of a revision or sales planner for cold & flu season. Probably have 6 of them now, coming in 2 at a time.

How long does it take for these things to pop into the upcoming work load?

@SigningLady ? - input?

I *think* it's about two weeks out.

It used to be 3 weeks out and I believe it still is when you are looking for upcoming pogs in myWork. But if you are looking in Set Workload, you are able to see upcoming workload further out than that.

Crazy as it sounds, these vaporizers could be for the OTC transition that happens in early April. Though more likely they will be revised inline or set on an endcap soon.

Back