• Thread starter TMSF
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TMSF

The GSTL told me there is a way to bring up the service prompt on the gift registry kiosks to do several things, such as setting up a temporarily out of order sign. It has something to do with the four corners and some type of pattern, unfortunately, no one in the store knows how to bring it up, and if it is brought up, it is done by pure luck and no one knows what combination it took to get it up.

I was wondering if anyone happened to know what that pattern is, if there is one, or how to bring up the service prompt?

If I remember correctly, you tap the upper-left corner and then the upper-right corner in quick succession. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it to come up, though.

I will have to try that when I come into work today! Just tap it once or just keep going at it until the thing does what you want?

Yup. Top Right, Top Left. Might have to do it a few times, cause the screen config is never 100%. I believe it's in the Guest Service training book as well, could be different for your store.

The technician who works on the registry computers came in one day and was hitting all four corners so I'd try that as well. If it brings up a red screen you're in business.

Tap the top corners alternately (LRLRLRLRLR) until it brings up the menu.
Did this a lot when they crapped out on me.

There's two things to reference - the guest service reference guide, and the kiosk troubleshooting guide (available via workbench-shared tools-equipment).

Thanks everyone! It worked, haha. It's so funny, my GSTL checked workbench today too, because I told her a few days ago, "This is going to bug me until I can get it." I asked her how she found out and said workbench, I said, "Oh i found out too! Internet."
See I'm cross trained for guest services, but was hired on for hardlines last year. Now I'm able to do hardlines, softlines, operator/fitting room, guest service, gsa covering, pfresh and market, electronics and plano. So no official read these workbench guides, just hands on training :)

Thanks everyone! It worked, haha. It's so funny, my GSTL checked workbench today too, because I told her a few days ago, "This is going to bug me until I can get it." I asked her how she found out and said workbench, I said, "Oh i found out too! Internet."
See I'm cross trained for guest services, but was hired on for hardlines last year. Now I'm able to do hardlines, softlines, operator/fitting room, guest service, gsa covering, pfresh and market, electronics and plano. So no official read these workbench guides, just hands on training :)
When I get cool info from the forum about stuff, "my friend from another spot told me about this new trick."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back