Archived Gm thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else starting to realize how much the work load is for a gm. When you clock in you grab returns zone and then have team lead or etl check the zone and create exf while zoning. Then move on to autofills but combine your exf with it and then pull more than 500 items because your fill groups is huge and adding all your exfs makes it much more tasks. And then some how get to the truck push or they have you back stock the truck freight but how tf are we suppose to finish 184 tasks of autofills with exf added in to move on to the truck freight and repacks. I spent all fucking day pulling so after my lunch it took the fucking entire shift just to push exf and never got to the push. I realized every department had that issue today. I mean everyone’s trying there best but how to get things done even when it’s the weekend.

Do your etls give you shit to go faster even though there’s really no other way to go any faster because it’s a ton of pulls and pushing it takes just as long depending on department even though your running

Honestly though, people need to learn to pull faster. Take the vehicle down with you down the aisle in the back. Learn where the locations are. Everyone takes so long to pull at my store it is absurd

Honestly though, people need to learn to pull faster. Take the vehicle down with you down the aisle in the back. Learn where the locations are. Everyone takes so long to pull at my store it is absurd

Well it used to be quick but now that the backroom is such a shit show with half the Waco's being packed to the gills, fill groups don't seem to matter and vehicles being shoved down most valleys means pulls are anything but quick.

I started holding my team accountable for the move workload tool estimates for pull time because they’re fair but fast. I can pull faster than the estimated time so asking them to pull at that time is fair. It’s a tool and it should be used for accountability

Do your etls give you shit to go faster even though there’s really no other way to go any faster because it’s a ton of pulls and pushing it takes just as long depending on department even though your running
my new etl gives everyone bullshit about going faster, she even complains about our truck times even though our dtl says we're the fastest team in the district

Last edited:
Is anyone else starting to realize how much the work load is for a gm. When you clock in you grab returns zone and then have team lead or etl check the zone and create exf while zoning. Then move on to autofills but combine your exf with it and then pull more than 500 items because your fill groups is huge and adding all your exfs makes it much more tasks. And then some how get to the truck push or they have you back stock the truck freight but how tf are we suppose to finish 184 tasks of autofills with exf added in to move on to the truck freight and repacks. I spent all fucking day pulling so after my lunch it took the fucking entire shift just to push exf and never got to the push. I realized every department had that issue today. I mean everyone’s trying there best but how to get things done even when it’s the weekend.

We don’t do exfs anymore. Good to forget the word exf and do pog fills. One to ones fill or end of life fill only

I get the “how much have you pushed” and “that’s all youve done since you’ve been here?” But I only get that from the leaders who have never had to push freight or do any pulls since they’ve been there. They don’t really understand that I can’t really push a uboat loaded with toys in 10 minutes. Not including the time spent zoning as I go. Fixing counts and capacities and helping guests.

Why would anybody work at Target now when you can do other easier jobs for the same money. And how long does it take to train people to do everything. I can not imagine having all those random people in messing about in the backroom.

Why would anybody work at Target now when you can do other easier jobs for the same money. And how long does it take to train people to do everything. I can not imagine having all those random people in messing about in the backroom.
I have to say, it makes me laugh and shake my head when people say "oh there are so many jobs out there, why would you want to work for Target?" That must be a regional thing because it took me a good while to find this job (and took me applying three times before I got called). My position was eliminated at my last job and I took a sweet buyout, collected unemployment and then went four months with no income until I got the call. I looked online for positions other than retail, but honestly being stuck behind a desk is not my thing and no way was I going to work in food service, so I did limit my options to a certain extent. Still, applying for retail jobs is a total crapshoot, because a lot of companies are "always looking" but that doesn't mean you will get a call. A lot of companies also post positions that aren't really available because they have an internal candidate already but have to post it per company policy. I also posted my resume online but all that yielded was spam calls.

I am grateful that Target finally called, and hired me on the spot when I finally got my interview. Right place, right time, and I am just happy to have a job. At least in my neck of the woods, getting hired, even with years of experience, is not an easy thing.

Last edited:
I have to say, it makes me laugh and shake my head when people say "oh there are so many jobs out there, why would you want to work for Target?" That must be a regional thing because it took me a good while to find this job (and took me applying three times before I got called). My position was eliminated at my last job and I took a sweet buyout, collected unemployment and then went four months with no income until I got the call. I looked online for positions other than retail, but honestly being stuck behind a desk is not my thing and no way was I going to work in food service, so I did limit my options to a certain extent. Still, applying for retail jobs is a total crapshoot, because a lot of companies are "always looking" but that doesn't mean you will get a call. A lot of companies also post positions that aren't really available because they have an internal candidate already but have to post it per company policy. I also posted my resume online but all that yielded was spam calls.

I am grateful that Target finally called, and hired me on the spot when I finally got my interview. Right place, right time, and I am just happy to have a job. At least in my neck of the woods, getting hired, even with years of experience, is not an easy thing.
I mean that’s not really a target thing, more of a state by state, city by city issue. My store can’t hire enough people. We have thousands of hours unspent this year because no one applies. The area is to rich for people to work retail. We even got approval to raise our stores specific minimum wage to entice people to apply

I mean that’s not really a target thing, more of a state by state, city by city issue. My store can’t hire enough people. We have thousands of hours unspent this year because no one applies. The area is to rich for people to work retail. We even got approval to raise our stores specific minimum wage to entice people to apply
Oh it's absolutely an "area of the country" and general retail issue . That was my point, that I'm just happy Target finally called me, because retail jobs in my area are not plentiful. I don't have my pick of any company in a 20 mile radius, because they just aren't hiring.

Oh it's absolutely an "area of the country" and general retail issue . That was my point, that I'm just happy Target finally called me, because retail jobs in my area are not plentiful. I don't have my pick of any company in a 20 mile radius, because they just aren't hiring.
We have the opposite problem 😂 everyone is always hiring around me and I have tons of retail stores for people to pick from

What training? That isn't happening in my store.

I’ll exf after my 1-1 for any lows/outs so make sure there were not any SFQ/capacity issues that caused my 1-1 not to pull something
Yes, absolutely checking the SFQ/SFC. Making sure it’s all spot on. Helps with zone being nice and full

We are spending a lot of time fixing sfq.

It's labor intensive, but I definitely see a huge difference in my back room and shelves.

But I'm spending a lot of time getting there. I think it'll be worth it in the long run.

Also helps to sort your back room by salesfloor...I have grocery and I have it set up so that each section in the back, you go through the list and it's how the stuff is aligned on the salesfloor. Helps a lot with my huge fillgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back