1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Gonna finally ask her out!

Discussion in 'Off The Clock Chatter' started by ranger1821, Jan 9, 2017.

1. ranger1821

ranger1821 New Team Member

Not sure where to post it, and not exactly sure what I am hoping to get as a reaction from this community, but damn, the hottest thing happened to me at work last week and I just want to tell my story. Mods, if this is inappropriate, please delete and accept my apology. Here it goes...

Okay, so my shift frequently lines up with girI I have had a growing crush on -it's been progressively getting stronger since she started in June. She is a spitting image of Rachel Bilson, and everybody at work gushes over her. Started as work friends, but there is a little spark that has been there since almost the beginning. It surfaces when we catch each other looking at each other at random times or during conversations through subtle innuendos and even back and forth banter which is more or less flirting disguised as arguing. I know she has an on/off again boyfriend as he frequents the store when they are “on.” When she's been "off" we've by coincidence hung out a couple of time alone and everything just clicks between the two of us. We love the same music, activities and tv shows. We binge watched Stranger Things over a 2 night period, over the phone. Weird, I know, but neither of us was bold enough to invite the other over. There is an attraction on both sides, but sometimes I kinda feel like maybe she has friend-zoned me. Fast forward to last Thursday.

She was assisting a guest in the fitting room and had an issue with the door handle, it would turn, but the latch would not engage. I am a pretty handy guy, so she asked if I would look at it. I had it fixed in no time, and we began chatting about the weekend as we stood in the women's underwear section. We both worked Friday/Sunday, but had Saturday off. I told her I was laying low. She teased me for being lame on a weekend (knowing full well I am single). I asked her what she was doing, but rephrased, "who" she was doing (even though she really isn't like that) and we both got a huge laugh out of it. She said she wasn’t sure since she was currently “off” with the her boyfriend. I impulsively grabbed the hugest pair of white granny panties on the rack and suggested she get them to impress whoever her Saturday date was. The laughing was so hard it hurt. We teased a bit more about the grannys and then she went bold and posed a question to me asking that if I had a date on Saturday, which ones would I hope the person was wearing? I was super embarrassed and not sure how to respond, but I did a quick glance and saw these on the rack, and held them up. It was tremendously awkward and crossed a line we hadn't in the past.

Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

She said something like Tiny, Cute, with a super deviant smile.

Fast forward to the next evening (Friday), and we are both working again. Both of us are working backstock. Store is dead an hour before close and she is putting up some Legos on the bottom shelf squatting over. No sh!t, I looked down and she was wearing the exact tiny thong I held up the night before. It was sticking about an inch out of her khakis. Not even gonna lie, that tiny black piece of lace was probably the hottest thing I have ever seen before, all because of my interest in her and the fact that we just had that conversation the day before. We were having as good of a time as you could have stocking. She kept trying to adjust her pants but I am pretty sure she was doing it for me. She chose every box that needed to go on the bottom shelf. It all ended when another female TM came into the asile and said “you need a belt to keep your pants up”. Talk about captain cold shower. That put an end to that as she got super embarrassed.

We didn’t talk at all the rest of the night, and I sat home alone on Saturday. Saw each other at work on Sunday, but something seemed off.

Part of me says that show was all for me, but the other part of me is telling me not to be so full of myself. Now things seem awkward and I didn't do anything. We both work tomorrow through Thursday and have off Friday. I am planning to ask her out For Friday night! Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Oh, she is also the STL's daughter.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  2. pinkp2ie

pinkp2ie Electronics TM

I skipped to "Oh, she is also the STL's daughter." Good luck lol

3. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

Shields up, proceed with extreme caution.
    Eminent danger ahead.

Kaitii likes this.
  4. Target NPC

Target NPC Hecking chiillllll

I dunno. From my perspective, I just want someone to be straight with me. So based on that, I would just tell her exactly what your feelings and intentions are, rather than beat around the bush with vague, flirty nonsense. I mean, that's great for testing the waters, but eventually SOMEONE has to make a move. Start with, "Hey so I like you, and I think you like me. Would you want to go out on a date on Saturday?" Kudos to her if she gives you a straight answer. More likely, she'll probably string you along for a little bit while deciding what to do with her on again/off again dude. Up to you what to do in that situation.

5. smashandthrash

smashandthrash Former store logistics and receiving dc worker

Ooooo The STL's daughter.

I see what's going on here

6. smashandthrash

smashandthrash Former store logistics and receiving dc worker

But really, that's a good sign if you guys have already hung out.

I dated someone like this one time too, and I ended up heartbroken. Not to scare you, but just beware. The on and off thing isn't my style if I'm serious about that person

7. buliSBI

buliSBI Former Team Member

DEFCOM 2

1. First off, isn't the STL's daughter a conflict of interest.
    2. Are you nuts going for the STL's daughter.
    3. Don't date the store. DRAMA.

BrohemianRapcity and redeye58 like this.
  8. Kaitii

Kaitii You're gushing all kinds of fluids again

I think the conflict of interest is the fact the STL's kid works in the same store as them

9. buliSBI

buliSBI Former Team Member

exactly

10. phibot

phibot The Lord of the Things

Go for it. If you do, it will be awkward. If you don't, it will be awkward.

Might as well enjoy the awkwardness

11. WalksforMiles

WalksforMiles Team Member

DONT. DO.IT.

12. Leo47

Leo47 Team Trainer

Any updates??

13. HardlinesGuy

HardlinesGuy TPS District Trainer

DON'T DO IT.

I'm also very guilty of having a major crush on a team member that won't go away but still

IT'S A TRAP!

14. Target NPC

Target NPC Hecking chiillllll

I don't know why someone should be off limits for being the STLs daughter. Just be a respectable human, and you have nothing to worry about.

Kaitii, Apapaia and Pelon1071 like this.
  15. Apapaia

Apapaia Team Member

How the hell did he get to hire his daughter? I can't even get friends to get hired because I am in HR and it would be an integrity issue..... Makes me wonder how many things are going down the shitter in your store.

Besides that, good luck and have fun!

16. soyaxo

soyaxo Well-Know Memer

My store is extremely lenient with coworker relationships but I would definitely never date my work crush for real. Way too much of a conflict of interest. But if you wish....

17. Apapaia

Apapaia Team Member

Well depending on your role you CAN date people and there would be no conflict of interest. As a rule of a thumb you can not date anyone that you supervise.
    Example:
    TL with TM in same workcenter as TL is a no no
    TL with TM in different workcenters is okay
    HR/AP-anyone is a no no
    TL-TL is okay
    ETL-ETL is okay
    STL-anyone is a no no

Same goes for family

18. soyaxo

soyaxo Well-Know Memer

yeah, he is one of the no groups haha

19. Jeremy

Jeremy Team Member

Except family, you can not have a family member in the same store as you if you or them are above a regular TL

Apapaia likes this.
  20. Apapaia

Apapaia Team Member

Actually you could provided that you can schedule the TM around the LOD shifts of the other person. Anyways all of it would be pending approval of the HRBP