Archived Goodbye Cartwheel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you access cartwheel in the target app. Every time I try to integrate it tells me to sign in with google or facebook. Problem is that my target app is not connected to either so it won't let me go that route. Signing in to it through the app with my target log in takes me to an internet site that is separate from the app. Or is that what's happening to everyone?

How do you access cartwheel in the target app. Every time I try to integrate it tells me to sign in with google or facebook. Problem is that my target app is not connected to either so it won't let me go that route. Signing in to it through the app with my target log in takes me to an internet site that is separate from the app. Or is that what's happening to everyone?
You have to link your google and Facebook to your target account on that site.

I'm kinda sad that I used Facebook for Cartwheel and my email for the Target app. On Cartwheel, it shows my savings as $1500, but only $10 on the Target app. Minor, but I always liked seeing that number go up.

You have to link your google and Facebook to your target account on that site.
Brilliant because it wasn't complicated enough already.
So a significant number of old people and non-English speakers are going to be even more lost.

(Don't anyone post that elderly people use Facebook. The vast majority of guests over 70 aren't that savvy.)

I just don't think it's right to allow people to start out without using facebook or google and then FORCE them to use it. You should be able to link the two up no matter how you signed up for the app. At this rate I would have preferred Cartwheel to stay on a separate app. An app is faster to use on the phone than getting redirected to a site on the internet. I suppose I ought to be grateful they didn't lock us out altogether. :p

I just don't think it's right to allow people to start out without using facebook or google and then FORCE them to use it. You should be able to link the two up no matter how you signed up for the app. At this rate I would have preferred Cartwheel to stay on a separate app. An app is faster to use on the phone than getting redirected to a site on the internet. I suppose I ought to be grateful they didn't lock us out altogether. :p
What? I haven't had to link any other account yet. I still just log in with my target account. My only gripe is that the login pops up randomly and won't let you use the app at all unless I log in. And it keeps asking me to enable Touch ID, which I do, but it still takes me to the login page anyway.

I wonder if they'll make a widget for the target app for a scannable label for the Cartwheel
I have a cartwheel barcode widget for my android samsung phone. I love it. I do wonder if there will be a full widget for the app that is also cartwheel barcode built-in. It is hard with integration 2 apps into 1.

I have a cartwheel barcode widget for my android samsung phone. I love it. I do wonder if there will be a full widget for the app that is also cartwheel barcode built-in. It is hard with integration 2 apps into 1.

A couple of days ago both the cartwheel app and the Target app quit working on me. I updated the Target app and cartwheel was fully integrated and working just fine. I just have to hit the big red button with a barcode on it in the lower right corner, it brings up the barcode scanner and it automatically adds a cartwheel offer to my list instead of just showing it and making me click Add. The category search works just as well as the old app. I have to say I'm impressed at how well it's working.

I personally hate how it auto adds an offer. I scan a lot of items to do a price check or whatever for guests and I always end up with tons of offers in my list. I'm happy to tap add if I want to add it.

OMG I had a couple of guests wanting to use 8 Cartwheel coupons for shampoo. They said it said, "$2 off." I told them that they could do it one time, not eight times. After explaining it five ways, I offered to return it all or do whatever. I can't do 8 coupons.

OMG I had a couple of guests wanting to use 8 Cartwheel coupons for shampoo. They said it said, "$2 off." I told them that they could do it one time, not eight times. After explaining it five ways, I offered to return it all or do whatever. I can't do 8 coupons.
Tell them to look at the offer. Any $ off specifically says one time use only.

Tell them to look at the offer. Any $ off specifically says one time use only.
I did, but apparently I need to call "them" and tell them it's not clear when you use the app.

I want $2 off shampoo unlimited too! I tried explaining it, showed them on the app. I can't fix stupid. They really thought I was going to hand over $16 cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back