Archived Goodbye Dollar Spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm okay with this. I like the idea of putting a bunch of cheap seasonal stuff up at the front but it's in a weird place at the door and not before you check out (at my store at least). One Spot's always been a mess to push or research here except for the brief window after a reset. Maybe we can use that area for something better like short-term salesplanners or flexing d-code?

Hmmm, what will all the mom's do now with the kid who JUST HAS TO HAVE SOMETHING!!! before leaving the store??? lol
Idk, I kinda liked the $1 spot. Got some great bargains over there. Eyesore, yes, but had some cute stuff as well. I've never heard a guest complain about the disorganization of it.

What!? Nooooooo! Where am I supposed to get my Whales now!?? Oh wait dollar tree sells them never mind. I'm glad it's going because it always looks absolutely destroyed no matter how much you try to fix it.

I have wasted so much money on knick-knacks from OneSpot and am very saddened to see it go. Even though it tended to look like a useless, messy collection of junk, I think there are a lot of great items to be found there. I bought this wonderful hamper for my bedroom for $3 that I continue to use to keep my place nice and tidy. I've bought other things such as small office supplies. I will be loading up on this crap before it's all gone. :( Before the old ladies and moms can get to it!

I'm going to miss getting cheap useless crap from there! it makes great goodie bag items for birthday parties!

I heard it directly from my STL. He isn't one to joke around, so I'm certain it's legit info.

Good. One Spot never seemed to fit in with Target's theme of being a bit more fancier and higher quality than Wal-Mart.

I bought a TON of those little LED flashlights over there, plus nubby balls that were ideal for OT & glow bracelets for class parties &....
I remember when it rolled out.
Sad to see it go...:(

So they are killing it BEFORE Christmas? That's probably one of the best times for selling from that department.
Profits for those items are probably minimal. Yes though Christmas is probably the only time of the year where you can actually fill the dollar spot every day to make it look full and "right". Assuming you have some competent people stocking it every morning but such a time sink to burn though 2 flats a day during that season flexing nearly everything, making junk locations so you can fit product on shelves sorta nicely.

Although it was sorta nice the one year I was left alone to do it by myself every morning after throwing the truck, just crank up the tunes, no one near me, bowl the whole thing out(By chucking boxes), cut open every box and start shoving everything into location, condensing junky looking locations to flex in product. Do like 100 boxes in 30 mins get praise everyday from ETLs and the STL over how nice it looked.

Last edited:
Profits for those items are probably minimal.
Minimal? We get like 30-40% back on most that stuff.. Especially the snacks, the most expensive one (in terms of cost) is the Welch's fruit snacks and we still get a quarter back. I like to keep a sidecap of One Spot candy on a sidecap in grocery because it does VERY well. I couldn't tell you the return on the nicknacks, toys or crafting bits but I'd guess that it's pretty close.

I do agree that it looks bad most of the time. I wonder what the alternative is going to be.. I really don't want 2 cartwell/saver spots.

Minimal? We get like 30-40% back on most that stuff.. Especially the snacks, the most expensive one (in terms of cost) is the Welch's fruit snacks and we still get a quarter back. I like to keep a sidecap of One Spot candy on a sidecap in grocery because it does VERY well. I couldn't tell you the return on the nicknacks, toys or crafting bits but I'd guess that it's pretty close.

I do agree that it looks bad most of the time. I wonder what the alternative is going to be.. I really don't want 2 cartwell/saver spots.
Except there is a ton of theft and broken items for one spot in our store, we also demerch of ton every time we reset.

Omg this is the most amazing thing ever. I hate The One Spot. Ours looks awful. Nothing has a place, we simply organize stuff by price. And whenever it get's restocked, whomever restocks it, (I've been told it's our flow team) They literally just stock stuff on top of other stuff due to a lack of space. Example, one spot will have a bunch of hair accessories, and then a box of squishy balls will be added on top of it. It's been a nightmare to do go-backs and zone.

Having said that, that stuff sells extremely well....

They could simply add a smaller section of it by the party favors maybe?

Omg this is the most amazing thing ever. I hate The One Spot. Ours looks awful. Nothing has a place, we simply organize stuff by price. And whenever it get's restocked, whomever restocks it, (I've been told it's our flow team) They literally just stock stuff on top of other stuff due to a lack of space. Example, one spot will have a bunch of hair accessories, and then a box of squishy balls will be added on top of it. It's been a nightmare to do go-backs and zone.

Having said that, that stuff sells extremely well....

They could simply add a smaller section of it by the party favors maybe?

I used to be the captain of this area. Last PTM, I spent literally hours picking out the clearance, shuffling it all together and putting up signs to drive sales and help Plano when it went salvage. The next day, the flow team came through and tossed all of their stuff on top of the clearance stuff and wherever else it would fit because they are always told "it doesn't matter." I saw that and cried. All my work down the drain.

My GSTL new I was heartbroken and with his blessing, I emailed my ETL-GE and told him what happened and dumped my captain ship. And my ETL never mentioned the email to me, which just made things even worse.

So good riddance.

I was working carts the summer our cart pusher was down :oops:
My SFT said (of me pushing carts by hand in summer heat) "Think of it as part of the Target Fitness Program!"
I had all kinds of OTHER names for it but hey, I lost 15 lbs.

It is a profitable area. A piece of Chinese junk that we buy for 17 cents and sell it for 2 bucks.

It is an zone and brand opportunity though. I've gotten to the point when a guest calls for something I give it a haphazard attempt to find it before I say we do not have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back