Archived Goodbye Rolling Display Sales Planners

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxCutter

Cut hard. Cut deep.
Apparently, most of the rolling sales planner displays will be gone going forward. VP Janna is not too fond of them. Frito-Lay was told to get their rack out of our store. "But, its Target approved," they complained. "Not anymore," they were told. Also, directed to have true value mech at the front on pallets, just don't throw stuff there just because you have a lot of it.

I'm glad to hear this. My store was becoming an obstacle course just to get through. Especially the front end.

I've heard that before and we have the vendors take their displays and racks down because some executive who visits the store maybe once a year doesn't like them.

Then a couple weeks later they're back up, then a couple months later they're down and a couple weeks later they're back up then a couple months later they're down then a couple weeks later they're back up then a couple weeks later they're

I hate the movie one that are up just 2 wks. They have to be broken down to put in baler. I hate all the ones we get for bts in softlines & 4th qtr is horrible for black Friday.

I hate the movie one that are up just 2 wks. They have to be broken down to put in baler. I hate all the ones we get for bts in softlines & 4th qtr is horrible for black Friday.
We usually just remove the wheels, then place it in the baler immediately after a bale is made (while the door is still open). If it doesn't fit whole, it gets tossed into the trash compactor.

Ain't nobody got time to be breaking those down.

We usually just remove the wheels, then place it in the baler immediately after a bale is made (while the door is still open). If it doesn't fit whole, it gets tossed into the trash compactor.

Ain't nobody got time to be breaking those down.
DSvUCri.jpg

Pretty much every time somebody does that here it gets stuck, nobody notices, a pile of garbage is thrown on top, nobody notices and I end up spending fifteen-plus minutes unfucking the whole mess because the store's response to this is either ignore it or ask me to order a new dumpster because obviously that means it's full, right?

DSvUCri.jpg

Pretty much every time somebody does that here it gets stuck, nobody notices, a pile of garbage is thrown on top, nobody notices and I end up spending fifteen-plus minutes unfucking the whole mess because the store's response to this is either ignore it or ask me to order a new dumpster because obviously that means it's full, right?
I should clarify that we run the compactor before and after tossing it in. I don't think our trash compactor has ever jammed, or at least not in the past few years.

DSvUCri.jpg

I should clarify that we run the compactor before and after tossing it in. I don't think our trash compactor has ever jammed, or at least not in the past few years.
Yeah, ours doesn't get jammed either.

I break them down when I know no one with a key is nearby or will care enough to come back there. I don't mind tearing the thing apart sometimes.

DTL enforced this last visit. Got in some shit for having 7 pallets of water and soda up front by bullseyes playground lol. I think its pretty funny that shit sells sooo fast in the summer but now we cant do it. ETLs were on a roll keeping it filled too. Pfft. Sometimes i think these executives do shit just because they can! Dont get it man!

Apparently, most of the rolling sales planner displays will be gone going forward. VP Janna is not too fond of them. Frito-Lay was told to get their rack out of our store. "But, its Target approved," they complained. "Not anymore," they were told. Also, directed to have true value mech at the front on pallets, just don't throw stuff there just because you have a lot of it.

I'm glad to hear this. My store was becoming an obstacle course just to get through. Especially the front end.

Good. Fuck those vendors. I was getting so tired of all their stupid shippers. Piss off with that crap, there's way too much of it.

THOUGH I DID FIND the bottom part of one that's just a small cardboard bin with four wheels that is completely flat and the fixture room trash can sits perfectly on it so I kept that for it.

DTL enforced this last visit. Got in some shit for having 7 pallets of water and soda up front by bullseyes playground lol. I think its pretty funny that shit sells sooo fast in the summer but now we cant do it. ETLs were on a roll keeping it filled too. Pfft. Sometimes i think these executives do shit just because they can! Dont get it man!

We have this maze of that shitty ass La Croix garbage

We have this maze of that shitty ass La Croix garbage
We got an entire pallets worth last month but sold it down enough to backstock it in the stockroom. Didnt do anything special with it. People seem to buy it frequently though.

I dont know why they sent it to us but we roll with the punches.

Last edited:

sigh... VP always does these kind of things, but sadly nobody follows direction. Expect many stores to have STLs that think they know best and keep it up. Just like how HQ reduces workload to cut payroll and stores decide to keep the extra workload with reduced hours because it "makes sense" to them

We got an entire pallets worth last month but sold it down enough to backstock it in the stockroom. Didnt do anything special with it. People seem to buy it frequently though.

Some VP thinks it's great for wine spritzers or something. My old store got about 150 cases packs (450 eaches) of 3 flavors in one truck. Just got two pallets last truck. It sells but not quite that fast!

We've been moving shippers to ends for the past year or so. Our Group VP and DTL didn't like them in the store... Which is great because our Front lanes area in general is very small. There's enough room for 3 people in line from the registers to girls.

A single pallet? We've gotten 4 in the past two months lol.

And to think we are in the business to make money. We sell a ton of the La Croix up front by the check lanes and by GS.

We can't keep the La Croix filled up fast enough at our store. And guest after guest is buying 2-4 boxes at a time. I'm in a pretty health conscious state so that might be why....

sigh... VP always does these kind of things, but sadly nobody follows direction. Expect many stores to have STLs that think they know best and keep it up. Just like how HQ reduces workload to cut payroll and stores decide to keep the extra workload with reduced hours because it "makes sense" to them

Yep that'll be my STL

The movie/toy tie in ones are the worst! You cannot keep the toys full. I know that we want to drive sales, so why don't we lure them to the toy department instead of right at the check lanes? The absolute best shipper/salesplan was the Harrys shave that set on an end cap. It was clean, concise and drove sales and kept the floor clear

Honestly with the exception of big releases like Star Wars or Marvel, those rolling racks typically go up and are down by the end of the week. Too many locations for product is a bad thing, and not having it in certain places will hopefully help drive sales near big NR.

Plus now I don't have to set these stupid things only for them to die in two days.

We can't keep the La Croix filled up fast enough at our store. And guest after guest is buying 2-4 boxes at a time. I'm in a pretty health conscious state so that might be why....
We sit on about two pallets worth perpetually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back