Archived Goodbye Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left Target in December after nearly 12 years. Target was my very first job and I worked in just about every workcenter possible from cashier to food to pharmacy to HR. I worked at four stores in total and throughout my tenure I never had a bad boss. Every supervisor I had was always understanding and appreciative of the work I performed.
While Target was originally just the first job I could get when I was 16, it ended up being the stepping stone to enable my future career. I loved damn near everything about the job other than the blanket minimum wage increases where employees who had earned their wages through merit increases were suddenly back to new hire rates.
I cannot recommend a better first job. My supervisors always allowed me to have a flexible schedule around school while I was pursuing my education. Target provided great 401k and pension options and I am only realizing that after I have moved to my new company.
I miss the team members I worked with very much since I have left, but still have a great relationship with them.
I encourage anyone who is interested in working for Target to apply at their local store and build a career out of it if that is what you want. The career you want is certainly in your reach!

While I haven't posted too much on this site, I appreciate the knowledge I've learned from here. It has certainly helped when I wasn't able to find the information or knowledge I needed internally.

I wish you all the best in the future,
TargetGuy

Target is what you make of it. I hope you grow to love your new job as much as you did target!

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back