Google+ Add Me Requests

I saw an article the other day that there has been a 60% drop off in activity since the launch of Google+, but as an avid user and somebody who has friends that use it daily, I do not see the drop off. I would, however, like to take my social experience and broaden it a bit. If you still use Google+ or want to use it but don't have anybody on who is active, you can add me. Or, you can post your link below and I can add you.

http://www.gplus.to/WilliamSmith

The gplus.to website was the only site I could find that shortened your url for you nicely so I used that. I do recommend it for others to use.

talan123

Team Member/Troll
I saw an article the other day that there has been a 60% drop off in activity since the launch of Google+, but as an avid user and somebody who has friends that use it daily, I do not see the drop off. I would, however, like to take my social experience and broaden it a bit. If you still use Google+ or want to use it but don't have anybody on who is active, you can add me. Or, you can post your link below and I can add you.

http://www.gplus.to/WilliamSmith

The gplus.to website was the only site I could find that shortened your url for you nicely so I used that. I do recommend it for others to use.
I've added you as a friend, acquiescence, and follower. You don't get the family until you marry a sister which I am willing to throw in or just throw to you in the middle of the night when nobody is looking.

mrknownothing

purveyor of things
I've added you as a friend, acquiescence, and follower. You don't get the family until you marry a sister which I am willing to throw in or just throw to you in the middle of the night when nobody is looking.
:laugh3: Also, acquiescence? #autocorrectfail

OP
OP
V
I learned how to do Item Search yesterday as part of my hardlines training, and it was like using dial-up internet.
They crash often at our store. Our number one issue with them is when using item search now, and I am not sure if maybe it is because of how many team members are using these for item searches, but it loops for a good two or three minutes and then always gives us a server error. So we end up wasting time wasting the guests time through the holidays.

mrknownothing

purveyor of things
They crash often at our store. Our number one issue with them is when using item search now, and I am not sure if maybe it is because of how many team members are using these for item searches, but it loops for a good two or three minutes and then always gives us a server error. So we end up wasting time wasting the guests time through the holidays.
This kept happening to me. Of course, since I'm new to the floor, I don't know where anything is in toys, so I had to Item Search everything. I had to keep asking the other TM in toys where everything was because it kept saying "system error, information not available" or something like that.

Try rebooting your PDA at the start of your shift. That should help you.
Also, put the dept number, space, & one word in the name using item search, will help find it faster.
I used rf apps, most of the time.

mrknownothing

purveyor of things
Try rebooting your PDA at the start of your shift. That should help you.
Also, put the dept number, space, & one word in the name using item search, will help find it faster.
I used rf apps, most of the time.
Thanks for the suggestions, HLM! My TL told me that if I'm typing in a DPCI, it should be preceded by 49 so it'll go straight to the item itself rather than the search results.

Formina Sage💯

Probably still better than you at the stacker
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the suggestions, HLM! My TL told me that if I'm typing in a DPCI, it should be preceded by 49 so it'll go straight to the item itself rather than the search results.
Yep that's a very efficient thing to do.

The department number is a good idea as well but unfortunately a lot of TM's don't know various numbers off the top of their head. Especially if they're just learning to use Item Search.

Formina Sage💯

Staff member
Administrator
Don't forget that you're able to use Item Search on a computer, in a much speedier fashion, I might add. Log into Workbench > Shared Tools > myHome

I made shortcuts right to myHome on several computers around the store so if there's a call over the walkie for an oddball product, chances are there's someone near a computer who could quickly hop on and run a search.

Yep that's a very efficient thing to do.

The department number is a good idea as well but unfortunately a lot of TM's don't know various numbers off the top of their head. Especially if they're just learning to use Item Search.
When I do item search & I think I am real close, on like a brand item(Barbie), look at a label for the first 3 digits.
I do that on dvd's all the time. Dept# & 1 word works wonders.

Last edited:

mrknownothing

purveyor of things
The only department number I can ever remember off the top of my head is the one for One Spot (234).

Formina Sage💯

Staff member
Administrator
008 - Home electronics
057 - portable/office electronics
058 - movies
002 - plastics
215 - lunch meats (i think?)
051 - TRIM A TREE THANK YOU SEVERAL WEEKS OF WORKING SEASONAL FREIGHT ;)

I used to remember many more. Well I can tell you that 415 is Electronics Ad Rotations, and 419 is Toys Ad Rotations! :p

G+ was a good idea and i think it is better than FB. The thing is FB is already well established and marketed like no ones business so it will maintain the majority of social network users. Who knows what will happen in the future though ... look at myspace.