Archived Got stealing in target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I won't say my name but I have some questions....
I got fire from target because the AP got me stealing...A friend who work with me was voiding items when I was checking in the registers and also I took a game that's it ....I know I committed a crime Im guilty...So they make me sing a letter that I was going to pay that money back and I totally agree with that the amount was $100. They said that the police department will be not included and that gonna be confidential. The thing is that now I don't have a job and I am looking for one so how bad will be my reputation as a worker to get another job for another companies like Best Buy, Walmart or something like that. I don't have to go court or something like that and will be not appear on my record as a person but Im scare to not be able to get another job. I know that was the stupidest decision on my life but I have to assume the situation.

questions

How bad my reputation will be as a worker ?
Im gonna be able to get another job in companies like Walmart , HEB , Best Buy ?
How bad that will be affect on my professional life because Im studying and Im going for Computer Science?
Target will be able to share that information to another companies ?

please any help will be appreciated and Im sorry to be telling this embarrassing story !!!

Thank you'all !!!

I am not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV. So this is NOT actual advice, merely my own musings.

First, and obviously, DON'T DO IT AGAIN. It appears you've awakened to your poor decision and will remember this, so hopefully that statement is not necessary ;)

If the police are not being brought in and you're not going to court, then it seems you won't have a criminal record for this incident. I assume that Spot has retained the right to pursue legal action if you fail to pay as agreed, though, so be sure to fulfill your side of the bargain there. And keep copies of your payment(s) and any correspondence that goes with them, just in case you need proof at some later date that you've met your obligation.

As for future employers, it would be a good idea to check and find out what how much Spot will verify when called for a background check. I believe they are only required to confirm dates of employment. If they don't disclose the actual reason for termination, you could potentially get away with saying something else there. Or, maybe you could just not disclose prior employers at all, especially since you seem young.

thank you so much for your reply...and I am 20 years old I guess I am young but at the same time old to make good decisions!! And won't do it again because is a super embarrassing experience.

Sometimes, it seems some people just never stood a chance in life. RIP op.

As far as I know, We don’t give references to other employers. We simply provide them with a phone number to call.

Someone in AP correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you go into as retail database for theft. Most employers use this and it will be extremely hard to work in retail.

thank you so much for your reply...and I am 20 years old I guess I am young but at the same time old to make good decisions!! And won't do it again because is a super embarrassing experience.
It’s true they can’t disckose why you were fired or why you left , however they can ask them if they would hire you again and at that point Spot Can say no. And from there the other company that you try to get a job at can assume the worse.

Hi I won't say my name but I have some questions....
I got fire from target because the AP got me stealing...A friend who work with me was voiding items when I was checking in the registers and also I took a game that's it ....I know I committed a crime Im guilty...So they make me sing a letter that I was going to pay that money back and I totally agree with that the amount was $100. They said that the police department will be not included and that gonna be confidential. The thing is that now I don't have a job and I am looking for one so how bad will be my reputation as a worker to get another job for another companies like Best Buy, Walmart or something like that. I don't have to go court or something like that and will be not appear on my record as a person but Im scare to not be able to get another job. I know that was the stupidest decision on my life but I have to assume the situation.

questions

How bad my reputation will be as a worker ?
Im gonna be able to get another job in companies like Walmart , HEB , Best Buy ?
How bad that will be affect on my professional life because Im studying and Im going for Computer Science?
Target will be able to share that information to another companies ?

please any help will be appreciated and Im sorry to be telling this embarrassing story !!!

Thank you'all !!!
I mostly just love the title of this post. Also sometimes I wonder, what would I have to do to get them to fire me?
This exactly this, but like a million other things are questionable.
Did you not realize you were on camera? Obviously don’t do it again, unless you get waaaaaay better at it. Don’t use Target as a reference, most likely, forget retail. Maybe try food, it’s way easier to steal food.

Go easy on the guy. English as a second language would be hell to learn. We're lucky to have it as a first. Rules contradict each other and have exceptions. Slang words, double meanings, foreign words and phrases adopted as our own.
To the OP: Good job being as clear as you are. I hope that you already know your English isn't perfect, and that your next job is not primarily in customer service.
Target will give the dates of your employment. That is all.

Go easy on the guy. English as a second language would be hell to learn. We're lucky to have it as a first. Rules contradict each other and have exceptions. Slang words, double meanings, foreign words and phrases adopted as our own.
To the OP: Good job being as clear as you are. I hope that you already know your English isn't perfect, and that your next job is not primarily in customer service.
Target will give the dates of your employment. That is all.

What lead you to the conclusion that the OP speaks english as a second language?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back