Grandmother passed

Guest Attendant

Former Target Team Member
My grandmother passed on July 9th at 1:20 am. We are gonna have a 4th of july BBQ when she fell. We brought her to the bathroom when she fell again/ We called an abunance and they came and took her. She was all fine till Tuesday during her Dialysis when she wasn't responding. They called Code Blue and took her to ICU. She was on machines since. They were going to try something to help her but it was just too late. She lost so much blood when she fell (she bled from the inside) and She went peacefully. I did not go to see her the last time as I knew she was going to die and I did not want to take it. My grandfather says he thinks he saw a tear in her eye before she went.

My grandparents adpoted me when I was 2 years old. I've been in their care since I was 7 months old and I was close to her. Despite me disagreeing with her religious beliefs I still love her. I cried a little but it still hasn't really sunken in. Even now as I'm typing this I fell empty inside.

So now I'm putting the plans to get out on my own on hold and watch out for my grandfather. Might even take a second job like mcdonalds on friday and Saturday nights nights to help with the bills but we are gonna see whats going to happen.

She was 67.

First, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how difficult this must be. Grief takes on many forms and people go through the stages differently. Might I suggest grief counseling to help you through this? When my dad passed away I took my mom to these session and I attended with her. (She never got her driver's license) These sessions helped her. I won't use any of the phrases I'm sure you'll be hearing, but rest assured there are many people that care about you. My prayers are with you as you go through this very difficult time. Good luck with the second job. <<<HUGS>>>

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
I'm sorry for your loss. You're in our prayers.
Please look after your grandfather. He needs you now more than ever.

Sorry to hear, I've lost family in the past and it's hard to get through, especially when you were close.

Grieve as much as you need to, don't be afraid to cry and get all your feelings out.

Lady Fitting Room

Free from Target :D
I remember when I lost my grandfather when I was in high school. He was a remarkable man and a truly wonderful person, and I still miss him to this day. I can only assume your grandmother was an amazing lady as well. I'm glad that she went peacefully; may we all be so lucky, no? I hope you're taking care of yourself, and that the good memories you have of her stay with you always.

MrMrIce

Cart Attendant
I'm sorry. I know exactly how you feel.

I was raised by my grandparents due to my parents being drug addicts. 5 years ago my Grandmother passed away on my 14th birthday right before I started high school. Then just 2 weeks ago my Grandfather passed away.

These people were my parents to me and I loved them so much, when I found out the passing of each one I couldn't do nothing for a couple of days. I'm planning on getting my first tattoo in tribute to them. My grandmother loved elephants and I want to get one soon in memorial of her and I want a cross for my grandpa because me and him used to always go to church when I was a kid and right after he would take me to a candy shop and told me not to tell my grandma xD

I think about them everyday, my motivation in succeeding in life is to make them proud.

I was raised by my grandparents due to my parents being drug addicts. 5 years ago my Grandmother passed away on my 14th birthday right before I started high school. Then just 2 weeks ago my Grandfather passed away.

I think about them everyday, my motivation in succeeding in life is to make them proud.
I'm sorry for your loss as well. Happening on your birthday must have made it even more difficult. They are both watching over you now & I'm sure you're making them proud. <<hugs>>