Archived GSA/SEA Pay Difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentbarton

Service and Engagement Lead
I have heard a ton of stuff recently from my TMs about how angry they are that Food Ave makes more $$$$ than a GSA/SEA in this new pilot model. These TMs are angry enough that they’re switching work centers (to electronics or something) to get a 0.50¢ raise. At my store at least, the GSA/SEA starts at the same rate as a cashier.

The way my Leaders have defined it, it seems that the “incentive” is not a pay raise but rather that a lot of Leads and Leaders are pulled from GSA/SEA position and that they were placed there and it should be good enough for them...

Personally, with supervisor codes especially, I think they should have a raise. But obviously my store can’t change corporate’s decisions so that’s a mute point.

How would you GSTLs/SELs handle this anger? I’m mostly just curious. I have my own way of handling it but I want to see what others do too.

I have heard a ton of stuff recently from my TMs about how angry they are that Food Ave makes more $$$$ than a GSA/SEA in this new pilot model. These TMs are angry enough that they’re switching work centers (to electronics or something) to get a 0.50¢ raise. At my store at least, the GSA/SEA starts at the same rate as a cashier.

The way my Leaders have defined it, it seems that the “incentive” is not a pay raise but rather that a lot of Leads and Leaders are pulled from GSA/SEA position and that they were placed there and it should be good enough for them...

Personally, with supervisor codes especially, I think they should have a raise. But obviously my store can’t change corporate’s decisions so that’s a mute point.

How would you GSTLs/SELs handle this anger? I’m mostly just curious. I have my own way of handling it but I want to see what others do too.

I'm not even surprised. I'm getting developed for a PA position and I get no pay raises associated with any promotion due to the pay raises. They're also going to be zoning out the assistant leader positions as well. If I'm correct there's like a new group leader + team leader, and the new group leader doesn't get a pay raise associated with being the official said "captain" of the people on schedule.

TARGET: "You want to be an assistant manager without the pay? Sure have at it!"

TEAM MEMBER: Ok well at least I'll make a bit more than the people I'm overseeing...

TARGET: "soooo about that..."

It's a big slap in the face really I'm not surprised all but 2 of my GSAs have quit.

Getting leadership development is huge for me, mainly because it looks good on resume and apparently I'd get a bump in pay.

and then on the way out of my ETL's office "Oh, yeah, one other thing, there won't be any pay increases since the pay raise bump we got to $12/hr starting basically nullifies that now, so.. but it looks good on your resume! Like, really good."

and I agree, I told him I plan to stay with Target but I sort of stretched the truth. I'm staying with Target until I get a new job is what I'm doing lol I've already got interviews lined up.

Here is what you tell them , slick,

Whats wrong with food ave making .50 cents more?
If you haven’t worked in FA/SBUX you have no idea what its like.
In FA you are constantly working, ensuring food safety standards.
It is also the most guest facing and guest centric area in the store.
TMs in FA are prepping food, cooking it, cleaning , sweeping and washing dishes!
What other work center even comes close to performing tasks that FA tms perform?
As far as I am concerned the rest of the store apart from pfresh are just shelf stockers. And bitches.

Good for you, you can put the GSA promotion on the resume and talk about the promotion without them knowing your pay didn't increase. It's a good conversational tool.

Here is what you tell them , slick,

Whats wrong with food ave making .50 cents more?
If you haven’t worked in FA/SBUX you have no idea what its like.
In FA you are constantly working, ensuring food safety standards.
It is also the most guest facing and guest centric area in the store.
TMs in FA are prepping food, cooking it, cleaning , sweeping and washing dishes!
What other work center even comes close to performing tasks that FA tms perform?
As far as I am concerned the rest of the store apart from pfresh are just shelf stockers. And bitches.
I have worked FA and GS....GS is hands down the busiest. No bump in pay for us.

FA makes 50 cents more an hour? For what exactly? I've worked FA and asked to no longer be scheduled for it - boring, slow, boring some more except for those few moments when I had a "line" of 2 guests, including the one I was just finishing up serving. Let me out of here, please.
Haven't worked GS, so I can't speak to that comparison, but I have worked food service elsewhere and I know what busy means and the importance of food safety. There are tiny bits of those things at FA, not enough to be worth paying more for it.

You could make a strong case that GSA’s were already underpaid relative to the work that they do. Now, they make the same as cashiers?

Who in their right mind is going to be ok with that? The only people I can see wanting to be GSAs now are new employees, people who think it’ll lead to a promotion(LOL) or the workers on a power trip.

This was already a revolving door position due to the low pay increase and little chance at promotion. I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like moving forward.

You could make a strong case that GSA’s were already underpaid relative to the work that they do. Now, they make the same as cashiers?

Who in their right mind is going to be ok with that? The only people I can see wanting to be GSAs now are new employees, people who think it’ll lead to a promotion(LOL) or the workers on a power trip.

This was already a revolving door position due to the low pay increase and little chance at promotion. I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like moving forward.

At my store, the only other TMs willing to take it are those desperate to get more hours. I guess you do what you gotta do if you want to eat and pay your rent. Unfortunately, Target depends (preys) on that.

It's a total disaster now.
New GSA's went ahead and approved $4000 worth of gift cards after the cashier called for help. This happens on a daily basis now.
Literally, you have people who have never owned a $100 bill in real life approving transactions for thousands of dollars that are clearly sketchy (stolen cards, fake money, terrorist money). If you think that terrorists are not laundering money through Target, then you are very naive.

It's a total disaster now.
New GSA's went ahead and approved $4000 worth of gift cards after the cashier called for help. This happens on a daily basis now.
Literally, you have people who have never owned a $100 bill in real life approving transactions for thousands of dollars that are clearly sketchy (stolen cards, fake money, terrorist money). If you think that terrorists are not laundering money through Target, then you are very naive.
OMG, the terrorist :eek:. Oh the humanity, these GSA’s are letting the terrorist win.

I feel like we've all complained about how useless the GSA position is, or how they deserve more money so much....that corporate decided to compromise, by keeping the position and eliminating the pay raise. "Hey you're a manager now, but we're not paying you for it." There's literally no other way to interpret that.

MODERATED POST
I feel like we've all complained about how useless the GSA position is, or how they deserve more money so much....that corporate decided to compromise, by keeping the position and eliminating the pay raise. "Hey you're a manager now, but we're not paying you for it." There's literally no other way to interpret that.
Yeah, ok ,GSA’s are managers. Just a bunch coupon pushing fat assholes, but you know ASANTS.

So let me get this straight.

"Hey. You're very talented and we want you for a leadership position! So, take this position that comes with no raise! I know, not getting a raise for having expectations to be a leader is kinda crummy, but think of what you can put on your resume! You know, the thing you will use to get a different job at a different company. Because we value you and want you to succeed here, so we're going to give you a resume booster because we...want you...to uh...waaaaaait a minute"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back