Archived GSA Training at different store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious if training for GSA at a different store is normal. I would think they would just train you in-store, it's not like it's a Team Lead position.

I've been at Target less than a year. First job. Went from Cashier > Photo Lab/Guest Service > Electronics > And now GSA, pretty stoked about getting the position; just kind of nervous about training at a different store. We're a low volume store, and they're sending me to a Super T. I know what I learn at the Super T, will hardly be pratical at our store. Or maybe it will be. They're sending me there for 2 days of training, closing and an opening shift. Is that sufficent? Opinions?

I know this is probably re-hashing something that has already been covered, but if it has, I sure couldn't find it.

Thanks.

When we promote new GSAs, we train them in-house. TLs get sent out for training. Your ETL might want you to get a different perspective on the role? But, I don't know.

A new perspective on the role? Maybe, I just don't see the point. It's not like a Team Leader is training a Team Leader, it's a Team Leader training a GSA. Step below a Team Leader, Lol. Kind of odd I thought.

How is your stores processes under DTK scores? Ive had TMs come to my store for training in price accuracy, softlines brand, and presentation. These TMs came from red stores, it has not happened often at all, but it HAS happened.

I think its more for your benefit. When you're training at your store, either you or the person training you will constantly be expected to jump on back-up and whatnot. It turns into you GSAing with your trainer being an extra cashier, which really doesn't train you on how a real shift will go at all. I disagree with them sending you to a Super Target though. You'll just learn a lot you don't need to know. Are you doing any training at your store? I highly recommend training to close at your own store at least once. I hope your training goes well. Good luck!

I think its more for your benefit. When you're training at your store, either you or the person training you will constantly be expected to jump on back-up and whatnot. It turns into you GSAing with your trainer being an extra cashier, which really doesn't train you on how a real shift will go at all. I disagree with them sending you to a Super Target though. You'll just learn a lot you don't need to know. Are you doing any training at your store? I highly recommend training to close at your own store at least once. I hope your training goes well. Good luck!

Yeah, that is true. About the whole jumping on for backup thing. I am doing Cash Office training at my store. No GSA training though. It's all happening at a Super T. Yeah, lot of stuff I won't need to know. My ETL-GE is biased toward a ceratin GSTL at this Super T, hence why I'm being sent there I think. Extremely nervous for tomorrow. Lol.

They shouldn't be having either of you backup during training.. When I was training neither of us had to backup since they expected us to focus on training since I only had a short time to train (2 days GSA, 2 day CO)

Super Targets are generally busier than regular targets because of the full grocery section, so it might seem a bit hectic compared to your current store! Just remember to keep a good presence on the front end (being visible to your cashiers is a plus), and have a sense of urgency when dealing with all issues!

Last edited by a moderator:
They shouldn't be having either of you backup during training.. When I was training neither of us had to backup since they expected us to focus on training since I only had a short time to train (2 days GSA, 2 day CO)

Super Targets are generally busier than regular targets because of the full grocery section, so it might seem a bit hectic compared to your current store! Just remember to keep a good presence on the front end (being visible to your cashiers is a plus), and have a sense of urgency when dealing with all issues!

So you went to a different Target when you trained too? Yes that's what I have, 2 days GSA, and 2 days CO.

Guess I should have clarified.. I actually trained at my own store (AA+ Super-t)

We recently had a GSA from another store train at my store. This was the first time I've seen this happen. Maybe its the way it will be done now? Except for a couple of details, I don't think training at a SuperT is any different than training at a nonSuperT. Core roles are core roles and guest service is guest service no matter where you are.

It all depends on the STL and DTL. Some will require training in-store for GSAs and TLs. Others will send them to a designated training store. Usually one that is higher volume or staff numbers. Its usually so that trainees can get a bit more experience and one on one training. That way when they come back to a lower volume store or such, they can handle the volume.

Last edited:
You can claim the mileage from your store to the other store, then write up a punch correction for travel time

It all depends on the STL and DTL. Some will require training in-store for GSAs and TLs. Others will send them to a designated training store. Usually one that is higher volume or staff numbers. Its usually so that trainees can get a bight more experience and one on one training. That way when they come back to a lower volume store or such, they can handle the volume.

This is how my district is. Most of the training happens at my store, since we're the highest volume store in the district.

Officially yes. But if its easier to leave for another store from your home. I would just google the travel time and mileage from store to store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back