Archived GSA who's awful with Red cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I've been a GSA for about three months now and (contrary to popular opinion) I love it! I think it's a great starting place for someone like me who really wants to do more with the company and grow into more leadership roles. My only issue is I suck at Red cards. I mean awful. Most nights I never hit my goal and when I do it's because it's been a busy night. So with that in mind I have two questions.

1. How can I better motivate my team to getting cards.

2. What can I do to impress my team leaders even though I'm not doing well on the card front. For instance I've implanted a ton of new things into our weekly schedule to make the front end even cleaner and better looking and I know for a fact I'm one of the best closers as the front is always looking full and impactful when I leave.

Any advice would be awesome. Thank you!

Thats one of the issues with being a GSA I am sure you are a great person and fun to work for but because your team is failing in red cards your performance might be under scrutiny.

Have personal convos with TMs to see how they feel about red cards. Some will admit they hate them but some want to do well and just need help. Most people get asking down but they dont know how to close the deal, walking through that with your TMs might inspire them. Good luck!

Front End leadership that does well with RCs can do no wrong. The opposite applies as well unfortunately.

Can always do games, put cashiers in competitions with one another, get to know how each person likes being recognized. Some will LOVE attention over the walkies and others might shudder at the thought. Hold everyone on your team equally accountable. Don't just drill into the bottom performers - everyone should be expected to do better.

Tell the cashiers why redcards are important and how to get them. We mostly just tell cashiers that they need to get them. Try to get them to care, then teach them how to do it. If you don't know how, try listening in on your top performers. Most of them will be pretty natural with it and make it more conversational. Some are great at explaining the benefits and reading the guests' responses. Some might have a good opening line to get their attention. Others might give huge discounts just for applying - don't do this...

But you get the idea. Listen to your team. Teach your team. Get them excited about it. Give them a reason to put in effort.

They've also had it where they requisition gift cards or team leads buy gift cards and other stuff from their own pocket money for the cashiers who work hard.

My old store used to requisition all the time. It was that way since I first started at Spot. Then it stopped. Actually was a part of why I left. The requisitions made a big difference in how hard I pushed to get a RC. Also made a difference in whether it was a 4 RC day or a 1 or 2 RC day.

I don't mean to make this an issue of what exactly Core Roles are when you're on the register. The company reduced my compensation on me. I was now being compensated the same as cashiers who averaged 1 RC per week. No, that didn't work for me. Too bad, I really enjoyed interacting with guests and always did my best to provide FFF service. If the new Cartwheel rolls out to all stores, I'd love to come back. I really, really miss my discount!

At our store, cashiers get rewarded through Starbucks and other goodies.
My previous location gave out freakin new releases for EACH TMs that got THREE redcards on Tuesdays. A NEW release y'all. And not the DVD, but the BluRay + DVD combo pack.

You can bet people were calling their whole family to come apply.

Our 549 account was DRAINED. Not sure why leadership okay-ed it all. -_-

My previous location gave out freakin new releases for EACH TMs that got THREE redcards on Tuesdays. A NEW release y'all. And not the DVD, but the BluRay + DVD combo pack.

You can bet people were calling their whole family to come apply.

Our 549 account was DRAINED. Not sure why leadership okay-ed it all. -_-
The ETL-GE was probably about to be fired if they didn't make their goal.

You could always have little competitions. You could say "the next person who gets a Redcard can pick a DVD or CD for under $15" or depending on how bad you are hurting for Redcards an item $25 or under. I remember one day we had a Hat floating around and whoever was wearing it had to get one and they could pick the next person with that stupid green hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back