Archived Guaranteed minimum hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

notfit05

Trainer/ clerical / inbound D.C. /
What level or position in the store is actually guaranteed set minimum hours weekly ?

Nothing is guaranteed. TL should get 40 but “business needs” may not support that all 52 weeks of the year.

Paygrade 45 is guaranteed 32 a week and typically gets 40 unless you are a part time PML at a small format

If for some reason you are not scheduled at all for a week you didn’t take off, you are automatically paid 3 hours for that week. It happened to me when my old store ended my seasonal employment and I only worked one week in a pay period.

Paygrade 45 is guaranteed 32 a week and typically gets 40 unless you are a part time PML at a small format
So help me out I’m dc side we don’t have grades like the store what would a pay grade 45 be equal to I’m 6 years with the company in the dc trained as clerical for inbound as well as inbound point of contact ( can run the shift just like the om (operations manager equivalent to etl pay wise I think ) as well as fac/ops maintenance and warehousing and a trainer also with 15 yrs experience in retail and 12 of that in management . Any rough guess what I could expect to negotiate for in a city like Orlando or Tampa area

Guarantee is a slimy word. The most important words at spot are "needs of the business". Your availability can be altered due to "business needs" your time off request, previously approved can be altered by "business needs" (its in the small print in the request) 32 hours guarenteed is also "business needs" TLs can "average" 32 hours. So in no hours FebruaryTLs might get 28 but the weeks around Easter 40, so it averages out.
Guarantees are broken all the time.

So help me out I’m dc side we don’t have grades like the store what would a pay grade 45 be equal to I’m 6 years with the company in the dc trained as clerical for inbound as well as inbound point of contact ( can run the shift just like the om (operations manager equivalent to etl pay wise I think ) as well as fac/ops maintenance and warehousing and a trainer also with 15 yrs experience in retail and 12 of that in management . Any rough guess what I could expect to negotiate for in a city like Orlando or Tampa area

Have you been offered a position? TM, probably no room for negotiation. TL ?

TL has some room to negotiate, but not that much anymore.

Being a receiver is a real Sword of Damocles predicament, you get 40 but in exchange you must live with the peril of 420 kilotons of rolled casestock teetering directly over your head, every single day
My old store earned 80 hours for receiving since we were so high volume but our ETL log only ever scheduled 40 and gave the rest to truck team. Our poor receiver was always so overwhelmed

My old store earned 80 hours for receiving since we were so high volume but our ETL log only ever scheduled 40 and gave the rest to truck team. Our poor receiver was always so overwhelmed
Only one receiver ?

Only one receiver ?
We literally had one since I started and they finally "cross trained" two others on it but the main guy gets the 40 a week easy. Good on him and he's awesome but weird process to follow. The other two always have issues because training and actual doing are different things and if a TL or ETL is around that knows anything they are lucky.

We only have one. When he is on vacation, we have to get a fill-in from another store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back