Archived Guest calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone elses store been getting calls from angry guests that have been waiting in line at checkout?

For the past several weeks we've been getting people calling on the red phones and their cell phones asking for us to open more registers.

Well, we have had an unusually high number of LOD calls lately... :D

Frankly, if these people would rather take their business elsewhere, I'll be waving good-bye to them. There are plenty of other guests who realize that waiting in line is part of life, even if it's not part of the Target brand. We'll still make sales.

Lol if lines are backed up to the nearest red phone at my store, we wouldn't even have enough registers to get everyone through in a timely manner.

Being near electronics, I covered the whole floor while everyone, including Lod were on register. Hopefully, it will lead to a better schedule for cashiers, with no call outs.

Being near electronics, I covered the whole floor while everyone, including Lod were on register. Hopefully, it will lead to a better schedule for cashiers, with no call outs.

Probably not. I worked today, and NEVER saw such a short grid for the front end. Most schools in this area start tomorrow, and we were slammed with last minute BTS shoppers. Hello parents, you had all summer to shop, but I digress. I think Cornell is trying to make Spot more Walmart-esque. Less staff available & longer lines are about the only way to keep up profits
after the Canada mess. That, and selling off assets.

I truly believe longer lines are our new normal.

Probably not. I worked today, and NEVER saw such a short grid for the front end. Most schools in this area start tomorrow, and we were slammed with last minute BTS shoppers. Hello parents, you had all summer to shop, but I digress. I think Cornell is trying to make Spot more Walmart-esque. Less staff available & longer lines are about the only way to keep up profits
after the Canada mess. That, and selling off assets.

I truly believe longer lines are our new normal.
You are correct. My time with 4 hours are very bad for spot.

Has anyone elses store been getting calls from angry guests that have been waiting in line at checkout?

For the past several weeks we've been getting people calling on the red phones and their cell phones asking for us to open more registers.
we always get people who don't know how to use the tools. and sorry, sometimes the person calling for backup has to do other things.

otherwise people never realize that stores have rushes. we can't have all the registers stocked all the time for that one time people decide to check out at once, then do nothing for 8 hours a day. we get yelled at for being in uniform and in the store off the clock. what customer service is saying that state law won't let me answer your question?!

I'm electronics and pretty much every time I close, I end up running most of hardlines because the one sales floor team member ends up on the register.

Lol if lines are backed up to the nearest red phone at my store, we wouldn't even have enough registers to get everyone through in a timely manner.

ROFL! At my store the only red phone in all of A block doesn't work. The checkout line would have to make it past 40+ aisles before anyone could use a red phone to call for help!

ROFL! At my store the only red phone in all of A block doesn't work. The checkout line would have to make it past 40+ aisles before anyone could use a red phone to call for help!
Nah, they'd just use the ones at the registers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back