guest comment, made me smile

pzychopopgroove

cyberpunk//my little pony
I was working a cashier shift yesterday and had to punch in a guest's birthdate for alcohol (It's one of them old FL id's that you can put a sticker on the back to renew? hell I don't know, mine's new! LOL). I apologized for this and told her she would have to wait for the gstl to come over and key in her override. Apparently I said this in a polite and calm manner and she told me I will be a manager one day. :)

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
It's sad how we seem to remember the nasty guests so much more then we do the nice ones.
Sounds like you got one of the good ones patient and kind.

I remember an older lady coming in to my store a couple weeks ago, one of the more pleasant experiences I've had with a guest at Spot.

She was looking for prune juice in small cans, I informed her we only had it in large containers (like a gallon I think), then it occurred to me that we may have something like that in the baby section. It wasn't very busy at the time, so I offered to walk over there with her, we chatted along the way, and I learned that it was actually for her grandson (glad I didn't say anything about my assumption that it was for her). We wound up finding something that suited her needs, she proceeds to tell me how helpful I was, and ask for my managers name, so she can tell him how great I am (in general, lol).

She made my day at least as much as I made hers.

OP
OP
pzychopopgroove

pzychopopgroove

cyberpunk//my little pony
It's sad how we seem to remember the nasty guests so much more then we do the nice ones.
Sounds like you got one of the good ones patient and kind.
Indeed. Reminds me of the guest a few months ago who told me that I will have my own Target store to run someday (I doubt it hahaha). Still a nice thought :)