Archived Guest decides against buying used item at checklanes. What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP at our store would have just laughed and said to let it go. I actually had an AP team member tell me that unless more than half the product is gone, it's not "stolen" it's defective. He told me this when I found a 36 ct. box of condoms opened and 12 missing.

I'd at least want to trip them up, let the bodies hit the floor...

I'm gonna ask AP tomorrow about that. I'll bet a nickle they couldn't do a thing.
there is a few things AP can do and should do. Document the incident in the computer system along with the guests picture. If it proceeds to be a repeat pattern for that guest further action can be taken. According to target policy the guest could be apprehended for shoplifting...and banned from the store....I would only go that route though if it's a repeat pattern. I also know of some AP teams that would open up a internal on the team member memeber that fails to report the incident. I also know team members at other stores have been fired for not reporting that activity. It all depends on your AP team and your district. Not every store is the same:

Last edited:
Yeah, our ap really doesn't care unless it's a repeat offender or it's over $100. We found $50 worth of Pokemon card packages shoved in a diaper bag today. We called ap over who simply shrugged his shoulders, told me to process out the packages and toss 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back