I'm Lost! Guest Ready

What is your store’s criteria for an area to be considered “guest ready”?
How much time do you devote to it?
Any ideas how to be more efficient when doing it?

Knowing the ad with great signing, can lead to great guest experience. Open market & electronics should be ready to go for super bowl.

Ehhh I’m looking for its context when getting the department ready to start the day. Usually done the first thing in the morning.

Yes, zoning and one for one. My store has people zone first, and then do the one for one.

To be more efficient, IF you are there before the store opens I think one for one should be done first, and then zoning so you arent pulling forward product then to have to push it back once you grab the one for one.

Yes, zoning and one for one. My store has people zone first, and then do the one for one.

To be more efficient, IF you are there before the store opens I think one for one should be done first, and then zoning so you arent pulling forward product then to have to push it back once you grab the one for one.
I agree, seems more efficient to zone each product as pushed. However, our directive has been the same - completely zone first. Then pull 1:1 and push 1:1 (which requires re-zoning each of those items ).
Also, you would be in the back pulling 1:1 before the store is opened and on the floor for the guest when pushing it, rather than in the back pulling it because you used that time to zoned first.

From my experience walking the zone, I think the only reason they say to zone first is because a large number of TMs do not know how to push and zone at the same time. They end up pushing and only zoning the items directly around what they push instead of walking each aisle. If only the weak links could zone as they go, it would be much more efficient.

Back