Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

Guest: “I need someone over by the nicotine gum case“
Me: “okay, I’ll call someone over!” *radio’s hba*
G: “Someone already did that and I was waiting for 20 minutes and no one came“
Me: “Well, if you go to guest service, I’m sure they can have someone take a key over there and unlock it for you.”
G: “someone told me to look for someone in a red shirt who would be able to help me and you’re wearing a red shirt so here I am and I need you to help me so will you just come?”
Me: “ma’am, I can’t leave this spot.”
(at SCO, and by this time, there’s a line forming behind her. I suggest we move out of the way so that the other guests can check out)
G: “I refuse to leave this spot until you tell me what I need to do.”
Me: “If you go to guest service they can help you.” (ticked off at this point)
The guest continued to ask what she needed to do and after suggesting to her again and again to go to guest service, I finally just told her straight up.
Her exact words: “oh, so you’re telling me to go there?”

🙄🙄🙄

G: Do we just walk in?
Me, quietly: No, I need to know how many items you have, please.
G: Hello? Fuck you. *walks by and into random fitting room*
Me: ._.

Gosh, guess I am too quiet sometimes.
Meanwhile I'm used for my voice loudness.
I yell at sporting goods teens all the time.
I yelled at guests on Xmas eve at a minute past close from 50 feet away to head to the front and not shop exercise clothes.
I have what others call the voice of target god. Its loud, i can project it, and i don't need to be near you. So i can blend back in.

I still have guests complaining that they can't find anything in the store post-remodel.

Our remodel finished over 3 years ago now.

I still have guests who think the dog food is where it was moved from *8* years ago, and as far as I know isn't in that layout in any store in the metro area.

We also have guests who argue with me about whether the store has ever had hard liquor. It's never had hard liquor. There were articles in the paper when it was built on the scandal of a Target without liquor. It was a thing.

Lady: Who are all these people with those carts racing around the store?
Me: That's our drive-up team, ma'am.
Lady: Who do they think they are?! They *will not* get out of your way...Just stand there in the middle of the aisle with those carts.
Me: Well, they're just doing their job. Did you try asking them to...
(Was going to say move before she cut me off)
Lady: Oh, I don't care. I know there's nothing you can do and I know they've got a mission. I just wanted to know what they did and also for you to know that they annoy me greatly. Bye!!
Me: (under my breath, a good dose of sarcasm added) Yep. Bye 👋 👋

Well, you obviously cared enough to rant to me and you're right, there's nothing I can or will do because it's their *job*. 🙄🙄🙄

Hi all. Recently, guests who visited my house complained about the taste and color of the water. I agreed with them and decided to solve the problem.

7:30am Guest at Self check out: "The only registers open are the self check out? Why the hell is that? I'm not a f($king cashier!! If I scan my own stuff am I going to get paid for doing your job?
Me: "Yes, you have to scan your own items. I think that's a small price to pay for not having to be the one who has to listen to people bitch and complain about having to scan their own items. I do believe we have a LOD I can, call up. Maybe they can sit you down for an interview and YOU can be the one babysitting folks and taking stupid complaints.

Just this week a guest asked if we sold hard liquor and I said no.

Ten minutes later another guest came up to me and said that guy was walking around the store asking all the women if they were single.

AP kicked him out.
Sounds to me like he was heavily shopping all the beauty products! AMIRITE?!

Sorry bad joke is bad. Can't help myself when bored!

Lady: Who are all these people with those carts racing around the store?
Me: That's our drive-up team, ma'am.
Lady: Who do they think they are?! They *will not* get out of your way...Just stand there in the middle of the aisle with those carts.
Me: Well, they're just doing their job. Did you try asking them to...
(Was going to say move before she cut me off)
Lady: Oh, I don't care. I know there's nothing you can do and I know they've got a mission. I just wanted to know what they did and also for you to know that they annoy me greatly. Bye!!
Me: (under my breath, a good dose of sarcasm added) Yep. Bye 👋 👋

Well, you obviously cared enough to rant to me and you're right, there's nothing I can or will do because it's their *job*. 🙄🙄🙄
The best way to deal with someone with a big mouth is to just have a bigger ear. Most people just want to have their voices heard. They don't have questions and they don't want answers. And I'm fine with that because I can just stand there and repeatedly say, "Uh huh. Yeah. Yep. I hear ya!"

*Sees guest with two items in an SCO line 10 people deep* "Ma'am, if you're paying with a card or Target Wallet I can get you so you don't have to wait"
"OK, sounds good"
I finish ringing her items, she's about to insert her card and says:
"Wait a minute, I have to bag my own items?"
Me: "You certainly don't have to, if you don't want. I can give you a--"
"Well, that's a crock. Never mind. I want someone to do everything for me. I'll wait in line."

😳 That's the first time I've been rejected in such a way while line busting lol.

*Sees guest with two items in an SCO line 10 people deep* "Ma'am, if you're paying with a card or Target Wallet I can get you so you don't have to wait"
"OK, sounds good"
I finish ringing her items, she's about to insert her card and says:
"Wait a minute, I have to bag my own items?"
Me: "You certainly don't have to, if you don't want. I can give you a--"
"Well, that's a crock. Never mind. I want someone to do everything for me. I'll wait in line."

😳 That's the first time I've been rejected in such a way while line busting lol.

But she was in line for SCO? And you don't bag people's things while line busting?

But she was in line for SCO? And you don't bag people's things while line busting?
I offer all the time. A lot of people take the initiative to bag upon themselves as well. With this particular lady, I was about to offer to bag her items and get her a receipt, hence the beginning of "I can get you a--" part but she said she wanted to wait. 🤷‍♀️ lol.

Back