Archived Guest Service Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm curious if this is company wide or just come from our group leader. We are starting to hear things like the GSTL can no longer back up cashier in any capacity, assist guest service or do really any other task such as stock candy, set SPLS or zone one spot. It hasn't gone into effect yet but it is being said that these tasks will be handled by another work center so that the front end can be completely focused on guest experience and service. Anyone else heard any of this nonsense? Also heard we are no longer to do any sort of research but focus more on the quality of the push.

That sounds like how things already are at my store....even though they're more like guidelines than actual rules.

Captain-Barbossa-barbossa-22294912-388-161.gif

At my store, our GSTLs do not back up cashier, but they cover breaks at food ave and guest service (no Starbucks here), push candy and One Spot, and set SPLs. They also stock our little seasonal area at the front of the store. Half the time, they're also taking care of stocking bags, the bathrooms, and pushing carts cause they cut back our cart attendants' hours. I can't see them making them only focus on speed weaving at my store.

Haha you guys got that too? Our directive our regional president is that the GSTL should be the "Mayor of Target."

Shaking hands and kissing babies.

Time will tell if this will speed up things at the lane. His other quote was "Guest should not have to wait to give us their money."

Working in electronics as usual, the DTL(s)? were walking the store. My ETL-GE quietly and away from the DTL told me to make sure the GSTL was off a lane.

i'm still waiting to see how it'll play out. when it was described to me, it meant plano/logistics/salesfloor will push candy/set salesplanners. a month later.. talking to hr, oh you still need to do all that, just you need to spend extra hours before store open.

Haha you guys got that too? Our directive our regional president is that the GSTL should be the "Mayor of Target."

Shaking hands and kissing babies.
The gstl in my store spends too much time bullshiting with her cousins who happen to be cashiers to notice anything else around them

I liked way back when 'peak hour' was a thing. The GSTL certainly doesn't need to be speed-weaving all hours of the day. However it would make sense to control what the GSTL is doing X amount of time before and after peak hour.

Really? We got the opposite here. We're supposed to be first responders if it's just a quick backup line.

ASANTS, but one of my stl would rather be on a lane and have a gsa speed weave instead of the gsa hop on. speed weave sounds so much like a corp directive and not just having freaking lanes open. sure i've had issues having 10 lanes open and no one wants to go to the back lanes and will spend an hour in the long line. but we rarely have that coverage.

ASANTS, but one of my stl would rather be on a lane and have a gsa speed weave instead of the gsa hop on. speed weave sounds so much like a corp directive and not just having freaking lanes open. sure i've had issues having 10 lanes open and no one wants to go to the back lanes and will spend an hour in the long line. but we rarely have that coverage.
If your store has 1 cashier and 1 GSTL, it's absurb to call for backup. #1, if your store is scheduled like this it has got to be super slow, leading to #2, in the time it takes backup to arrive, the GSTL could have rang out a guest or 2 in order to get rid of the line.

If your store has 1 cashier and 1 GSTL, it's absurb to call for backup. #1, if your store is scheduled like this it has got to be super slow, leading to #2, in the time it takes backup to arrive, the GSTL could have rang out a guest or 2 in order to get rid of the line.

So many variables not brought into consideration.
4372629-8999581655-72-wh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back