Guest service hanging style quarantine returns

In my store weve been getting a lot of style returns because the fitting rooms are closed and my ETL expects us to hang and fold all style returns perfectly. And to be honest I feel like that shouldn’t be my job to do because we’re doing nonstop drive ups with Covid going on wipe and had to go backs, doing logistics, zoning one spot and dealing with every day returns and order pick ups. Granted I don’t mind helping style team if I’m not busy (which is rare). But I feel like I shouldn’t be obligated to do that. If I wanted to hang and fold clothes I’ll be a style team member

I think that’s been the process since we do the same procedure in my store even before the pandemic. That’s been the GS complaint when they started the procedure, but people moved on. My only pet peeve (being in the style team), our GS just randomly hang stuff not caring about the size hanger. For me I have to make sure the sizes are correct when it comes to the floor. And I think in every team, not just the GS team also have their list what they don’t think it’s their job especially when modernization happened at Target. But with the job, I have to adapt with the changes. I can list a lot of things we didnt do in style before modernization so don’t be suprise if you think what you are doing doesn’t feel like what GS should be doing. Because if you ask the old timers, they will let you know what they used to do and with the $15 minimum increase, Target expects us to do a lot of things.

GS was responsible for folding and hanging even before the quarantine. At my store, we supply the rack with a variety of sized hangers. We still get stuff piled on the bottom of the rack, hung on the wrong hanger, inside out and facing the wrong way. Honestly, it just takes a moment of your time to make it just a bit easier for the style team.
Back in the day, it wasn’t styles job to backup cashier yet here we are.

I feel like you should throw them straight in a sterlite tote and not touch it for 2 weeks. I mean "let's take returns and put them in quarantine because they might be infectious, but lets touch them as much as possible first" sounds like a bad plan

I feel like you should throw them straight in a sterlite tote and not touch it for 2 weeks. I mean "let's take returns and put them in quarantine because they might be infectious, but lets touch them as much as possible first" sounds like a bad plan
I’m rarely at GS but this is my attitude. I don’t know where it’s been and I don’t want to touch it any more than I have to in order to process the return. I know I used to try and fold and hang items (pre-pandemic) but our hang bar at GS was removed and the style tm would just grab everything in the bin so it would have to be refolded once they delivered it to the correct area so I stopped trying.

We put ours in repack boxes sorted one box for tops one for bottoms and swim and one for accessories shoes and purses.

The GS TMs who everyone loves are the ones who take the clothes and go hang them up/fold them straight away. If you put them in a pile on the floor behind the registers, you're headed back to cashiering. If you feel there is a line prohibiting you from rehanging and folding as you go, you call for back up. The only stuff we are rehanging and folding is guest returns and stuff from the check lanes. The Style team does not bring us their stuff. They do that.

For quarantine, we hang the hanging stuff on whatever hangers are available and put the rest in repack boxes.

So like what I said before I don’t mind hanging style. But in some circumstances it is impossible to do because I close and every time we do a turnover the style quarantine bin is always overflowing which makes it impossible for us to catch up. And for people saying that “back in the day” i’m pretty sure this is before driver up was a thing and you didn’t have 10 drive ups show up in a row without being picked. If they’re gonna make us do it they need another system

If I'm busy at GS, I throw everything into a 3 tier and when it slows down, even for a couple of minutes, I'm working on folding things up. When the 3 tier gets full, we call the style team to come get everything and they'll sort it from there

I’m the people who said back in the day and I don’t necessarily disagree with you. If the reshop is overflowing, someone from style should be coming over to grab it. We are way understaffed also but every style tm grabs what is there after their break or lunch (if they are lucky enough to get one now) so no one person is responsible for the whole ordeal. nothing wrong with calling out to departments to get their stuff before it gets bad.

That would be awesome. My leads want stuff back out on the floor ASAP. I think they would do away with quarantine tomorrow if they could.

We don’t hang at guest service. We tried in the past a few times and failed. We tried again with quarantine and failed again. With one person up there most of the day expected to answer phones, do drive up/ opus, and handle the return line, it was impossible. Our SD even admitted we were just causing more work for style as many items got half assed-ly hung because time just wasn’t on our side.

I still hang what I can to help, but yeah, we just couldn’t get it done. We’re a high volume store and I just don’t understand why we don’t have GS hours, but target is what it is.

In my store weve been getting a lot of style returns because the fitting rooms are closed and my ETL expects us to hang and fold all style returns perfectly. And to be honest I feel like that shouldn’t be my job to do because we’re doing nonstop drive ups with Covid going on wipe and had to go backs, doing logistics, zoning one spot and dealing with every day returns and order pick ups. Granted I don’t mind helping style team if I’m not busy (which is rare). But I feel like I shouldn’t be obligated to do that. If I wanted to hang and fold clothes I’ll be a style team member
Ha! I’m in Pfresh. I do cashier, guest services, give breaks at the cafe, carts, trash, and I have even picked up shit before. Not my job is only when you quit.

I don't mind even helping GS do the hanging when OPU's are slow but damn we do not have space for a rack up there. When most of your OPU people have tripped and fell over the damn thing, its not working.

Majority of the departments complain about being understaffed. I think it’s been two years since they got rid of the fitting room attendant/operator who used to hang all the returns/reshops, but because modernization happened, every departments’s tasks have evolved. My understanding that GS was expected to hang/fold the returns so style can but them back on the floor right awar (since style is now also responsible keeping up with fitting room since we no longer have that position that used to do it). Target got rid of specialty teams that was responsible for a certain task, now if you are a DBO tm you are now handling those tasks (price change, push, vm etc) plus your returns, guest servicing the floor, back up cashier, zone. So I think everyone are in the same boat of having too much on their plate.
Since I have been working here for years, there are so many change in procedures. yeah people used ti complain a lot, but they realized just do what they need you to do and if the bosses are not seeing good results, thet tend to change it.

So like what I said before I don’t mind hanging style. But in some circumstances it is impossible to do because I close and every time we do a turnover the style quarantine bin is always overflowing which makes it impossible for us to catch up. And for people saying that “back in the day” i’m pretty sure this is before driver up was a thing and you didn’t have 10 drive ups show up in a row without being picked. If they’re gonna make us do it they need another system

We are folding and hanging as we go right now, with all the drive ups. Sometimes we get a bit behind on the folding, but we catch up. Those of us who have doing this before drive up have to keep reminding the noobs. GS is the hardest job at the front end. If it is too much to hang while you work the desk, then you can run out drive ups. If that is too much for you, then go cashier. The whole drive up thing needs to be improved on for sure, but that is not what this thread is about.

GS is the hardest job at the front end. If it is too much to hang while you work the desk, then you can run out drive ups. If that is too much for you, then go cashier.
Yup. Desks that have one person total doing the desk and drives combined (which is NOT best practice at all) shouldn't be hanging, but everyone else doesn't have much of an excuse. My store is insanely busy, tons of DUs recently. we get it done.

GS was responsible for folding and hanging even before the quarantine. At my store, we supply the rack with a variety of sized hangers. We still get stuff piled on the bottom of the rack, hung on the wrong hanger, inside out and facing the wrong way. Honestly, it just takes a moment of your time to make it just a bit easier for the style team.
Back in the day, it wasn’t styles job to backup cashier yet here we are.
Wow, that's news to me that GS was ever responsible for folding or hanging clothes. At my store, all I've ever seen are a pile of unhung and unfolded clothes in the bins.

Time to wipe away the tears, put on your adult underwear and do the job you've been told to do. Don't like the job? Quit.

Yeah it is a struggle to keep up with clothes (to say the least). One thing that has really helped though is to have a rack of sorted hangers ready to go. If I'm walking past the front lanes or the OPU hold area with a free hand, I'll pick up a handful of good hangers too.

We do have a designated Drive Up TM as well. In the rare event they don't have any orders, I ask them to help fold clothes or at least sort hangers.

We do have a designated Drive Up TM as well. In the rare event they don't have any orders, I ask them to help fold clothes or at least sort hangers.
I suggested exactly this! At least at peak times, we need a designated person for DU and I argued they could help hang clothes and sort reshop in what little free time they did have... but what do I know, right??

Back