Archived Guest Service is now Softlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

maybeblue

this is your restroom checkup reminder
IS ANY OTHER STORE DOING THIS TOO?;

I don’t know if this is a problem only at my store, if it’s a problem to anyone else, or if it’s acrually from corporate’s orders. Basically, only one GS TM can work morning and one night. No such thing as a mid shift or more than one person per shift. And there’s only 2 shifts. Also, no GSAs are supposed to help or hop on when backed up. On top of that, we have to do softlines job. We have to hang and fold all their clothes! with no help because there is only one GS TM! And we get reprimanded if we can’t finish the job. This doesn’t sound like a big deal. But when i’m worrying about guests, reshop, and no back up- it is. I just don’t have enough time or help to finish softlines reshop. I tried speaking to the ETLs but they say it’s from corps orders. I can go more in depth. If no other store is doing this and only our STL i’ll be upset because they’re not understanding the difficulties. But if it’s Corp’s orders then i know it’s out of everyone’s hands.

that's how it used to be for us. Now we never have just one gstm.

My store has been hanging/folding SL for a couple months now. I haven't yet heard that I'm not allowed to call for backup when I have a long line.

Yiiiikes. I try to keep softlines nice and neat to be nice, but lots of times it just piles up into a cart for them. I’m usually alone over there and cannot imagine keeping up with all that softlines by myself or even with one other person. Good luck!

Well, our store is currently under remodel and the operator station has now been moved to guest service, which I find hilarious.

More like softlines, indeed.

I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. By this I mean 1/2 way between what HQ and your STL is saying.

One of the big focuses in FACE areas includes minimizing reshop at the fitting room. As a result, at least for our store, softlines reshop now gets sorted at the Photo Lab. I imagine some stores are asking Service Desk TMs to help cut down on the 'sorting' by folding/hanging clothes as they get returned. But to my knowledge, no, this is not a direct order from Corp.

In terms of backup, the GSTL/GSA should not be jumping on register during peak hours. This includes Service Desk backup. They SHOULD however be calling for a TL, ETL, or service desk trained TM when service exceeds 1+1 (let's face it...at SD, it's more like 3+1). If they're telling you not to call for backup period, then that's BS.

My store has an opener, mid, and closer. On weekends there is two openers and two closers. One of my ETLs put a z rack at guest service but we never use it. We grab two carts and put 1st and 2nd floor reshop in them. 1st floor goes in one cart and 2nd floor in another cart. We don't have time to hang and fold clothes. Nor are we going to do it.

My store has blah blah blah. They are so terrible they are blah blah blah. Bitch bitch bitch moan moan moan and bitch some more, also, blah blah blah.

Can you like not have this attitude? The whole point of this forum is to talk about the various things our stores do.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
At my store, the expectation is that GS folds and hangs SL returns and then call it out when there's a small handful of items. If it's too busy for them to do so, then they are to call for a SL TM to pick it up pretty much right away.

Does this always happen? Nope. But, making an attempt is super appreciated, just as the SL team responding to calls for backups right away (and calling them out when they don't) is appreciated.

I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. By this I mean 1/2 way between what HQ and your STL is saying.

One of the big focuses in FACE areas includes minimizing reshop at the fitting room. As a result, at least for our store, softlines reshop now gets sorted at the Photo Lab. I imagine some stores are asking Service Desk TMs to help cut down on the 'sorting' by folding/hanging clothes as they get returned. But to my knowledge, no, this is not a direct order from Corp.

In terms of backup, the GSTL/GSA should not be jumping on register during peak hours. This includes Service Desk backup. They SHOULD however be calling for a TL, ETL, or service desk trained TM when service exceeds 1+1 (let's face it...at SD, it's more like 3+1). If they're telling you not to call for backup period, then that's BS.
thank you! this is useful information and im seeing now why were doing what we do.

that's how it used to be for us. Now we never have just one gstm.
They told me this might help us get a mid shift again which honestly would shut me up lol because help is what we are lacking in both GS and softlines

Guest service has started hanging and folding softlines that come through the service desk at my store. Seems like they can handle it cuz there's typically more than one TM up there, or they work on it if things slow down at times. Seems to be working ok, and it helps not to send an overflowing cart to the fitting room with reshop

I know that "officially" GSAs shouldn't be backing up at guest service, in practice they're often the only option unless LOD isn't particularly busy or the ETL-GE is in for the day (lol sucks to suck if you're closing). just like officially the GSA shouldn't be pushing Bullseye's Playground products or filling checklane endcaps/candy....

one of the goals of the operating model pilot is to allow the front end to be more self sufficient. there's going to be at least two GSA/GSTL during peak hours, which allows for a lot more flexibility. they can backup cashier at guest service, electronics, or the front lanes.

At my store the GSAs have finally been told that they will now be getting the same pay as cashiers. So, two of our GSAs have asked to be removed as GSAs. The one GSA wants to see if he can be a GSTL (since we now only have one GSTL).

This one GSA has been asking our HR person to get transferred to another store that is closer to his home and HR has been ignoring this request. Finally the GSA went to the store that he was wanting to transfer to and discovered that the position had been filled so he's hoping that he can become a GSTL.

One of the things that really sucks about this is that the GSA drives 40 minutes to get to my store....and the one he really was wanting to go to is about 10 minutes from his home. Sure will be interesting to see what HR & STL have to say about him becoming a GSTL.

We only ever have one opener and one closer, unless it is between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We call backup when needed and generally my GSTL. ETL or SD trained TM comes to help.

At my store the GSAs have finally been told that they will now be getting the same pay as cashiers. So, two of our GSAs have asked to be removed as GSAs. The one GSA wants to see if he can be a GSTL (since we now only have one GSTL).

This one GSA has been asking our HR person to get transferred to another store that is closer to his home and HR has been ignoring this request. Finally the GSA went to the store that he was wanting to transfer to and discovered that the position had been filled so he's hoping that he can become a GSTL.

One of the things that really sucks about this is that the GSA drives 40 minutes to get to my store....and the one he really was wanting to go to is about 10 minutes from his home. Sure will be interesting to see what HR & STL have to say about him becoming a GSTL.
If I was a GSA, I would ask to no longer be one if I am only making the same as a cashier. Without our GSA's we would be up a creek without a paddle. Corporate is wrong on this issue.

We hang/fold softlines as well at our guest service. We usually have an 8:00am-4:30 opener, a 9:00am-5:00pm mid, and two closers coming in at either 3 or 4 depending on what day of the week it is so it’s somewhat realistic for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back