Archived Guest Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

1519Ash

1920Ash
How do you approach guests?

What phrases do you use since we cannnot longer say CAN I HELP YOU FIND SOMETHING?

What phrases do you use since we cannnot longer say CAN I HELP YOU FIND SOMETHING?
You’re supposed to comment on something they’re buying or looking at. Softlines could compliment on their shoes/shirt or something. It’s pretty easy you just have to be out going

Aahh how does that work with someone buying tampons or plan B pills?

“Its that time of the month eh?”
“Coat hangers are in D7”
You have to great every guest, you don’t have to approach every guest. I would probably leave that one alone.

You failed the test NKG, you are response should include “tide detergent is 5% off on cartwheel”

But would tide be the right choice? The kid just sits in soiled pants until they get home. New pants and Tide. Maybe even Starbucks for mom or beer for dad to unwind with.

I don't work many hours, and that's OK with me. So I guess I missed the memo and have to ask, since when can't we say "CIHYFS"?

Last edited:
The only problem with CIHYFS is that it's too easily answered with No. Try changing to a more open ended question, like "What can I help you find?"

Yet somehow, I ask guests that very thing and get complimented by management for my friendliness.

It helps that I'm young and female though, I suppose, and crank up the "customer service voice."

I literally say “good morning” or “hello” or do the in-passing bro nod. At my store, it’s been agreed that is sufficient. We want to greet, and not ignore every guest. By just making that initial contact, the ones that need help will ask, and the ones that don’t will just have the impression that our team is friendly and helpful. Versus them thinking we are pestering them or being pushy salespeople.

I usually just say "hi!" or "good morning!", the only time anyone at my still uses CIHYFS is on the phone ("thanks for calling the xyz Target store, CIHYFS?") and when we respond to a call button (since they can start telling us what they need while we clear the call button, and it makes it apparent that we are helping them and not just making a beeline past them to clear the button).

I usually just say "hi!" or "good morning!", the only time anyone at my still uses CIHYFS is on the phone ("thanks for calling the xyz Target store, CIHYFS?") and when we respond to a call button (since they can start telling us what they need while we clear the call button, and it makes it apparent that we are helping them and not just making a beeline past them to clear the button).
I always tell them as I’m rushing to the button that I need to press it so the system knows I’m helping them

I always tell them as I’m rushing to the button that I need to press it so the system knows I’m helping them
Yeah, for me it tends to be 50/50, I'll either just hit it as I'm talking to them (if it's not on second request) or say "sorry, if I don't hit this you'll have half the store over here in 30 seconds trying to help you" or something if it's about to expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back