Archived Guests act of kindness

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today i had a great conversation with a guest which for me happens a few times within the day so i never really think of it much once the guest leaves. Well that changed today when one of our Starbucks girls comes over to me to tell me a guest had paid for my Starbucks drink since i jokingly said 'growing up sucks you habe to decide if you really need starbucks for the day'. The Barista told me a guest paid for it becuase she thought i was nice and kind and this would be her good deed for the day and it made me so happy.
That was till i told one of my fellow cashier who told me i could get in trouble if a guest gets me something and to not tell anyone. Is that true or is she just messing with me? Im still fairly new. I was seasonal for black friday and christmas and got to stay.

Technically true, but I wouldn't sweat it. It's more an issue of altering your work to get tips from guests (cart attendants doing extra carry out, etc).

A guest offered to buy me starbucks once but I declined because I didn't know if it was allowed :/

I wouldn't worry about it . If they say anything to you just tell them you didn't know . I am pretty sure that they wouldn't pursue it past that . I am also pretty sure they wouldn't even say anything .

A single instance is fine.

Just maybe don't make a habit of regularly accepting coffee/gifts/tips from guests.

I've had a guest buy me a drink once without me knowing and brought it over to me. Once I had a guest insist I take the tip they offered. Told them I wasn't able to accept and they didn't care. Told me they would be hurt if I didn't accept.

I've had a guest buy me a drink once without me knowing and brought it over to me. Once I had a guest insist I take the tip they offered. Told them I wasn't able to accept and they didn't care. Told me they would be hurt if I didn't accept.

By the book you are supposed to take tips to guest service. I think it goes towards FFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back