Hair dye OOS and overstock

Hi. I’m in stores, not a DC but wanted to share. My store has recently been inundated with hair dye over stocks. I’m talking and entire light duty aisle full and it kept coming. Multiple chatbots sent and escalated to no avail. Meanwhile, store in my district had literally no hair dye in stock. I took some partners and long story short, it went all the way up to our GVP. The issue was connect to DC I am serviced out of (593), as well as another DC. There was a hair dye issue in multiple districts. Not sure if the replenishment has been figured out but we got an IR and we sent back over 5000 units of hair dye. It took my receiver over a week to get out of the backroom, off the salesfloor, and finally out of the store. Anyway, just wanted to share and see if maybe anyone else was apart of this.

I know some types of hair dye are flammable items and cannot be stored in a DC. So we manually make labels and send them to stores, normally based on volume. So stores that are in the higher volume range for that DC would get lots of flammable items forced at them.

Back