Archived Hard Line Harry Here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,
I just started with Target in Northern California. I was hoping I might receive some words of wisdom and/or advice, regarding what to expect as a new employee, and Team Member.
Is there anything specific I should know up front? Anything I should prepare myself for? Have I jumped from the frying pan into the fire? (New to retail) Or, is Target, for the most part, a decent place to work?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Welcome to The Break Room!

Hardlines isn't the worst thing you could be doing. There's room for cross-training in more interesting and specialized positions.
I hope you love zoning!

Oh, and expect to cashier. A lot.

Learn where things go. Make sure that everything is in its proper location. Lots and lots of reshop our guests feel entitled to just drop things anywhere they want. Oh and don't get me started on the amounts of trash and drink cups left on the shelves.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.
So far, I'm finding Hard Line is more like walking a tightrope then a tile floor. However, I'm sure all will be fine if I just don't look down. Best wishes,
HLH
image.jpeg

A free Venti iced Caramel Macchiato to whomever finds the most!!!

Welcome to The Break Room.

I recently finished my 90 days for Hardlines. You'll learn quick, but like others have said here, wear comfortable shoes and expect to be given more work than is possible for your allotted time.

Good luck, and let us know if you need anything.

Remember not to give too many details as we keep things anonymous.
We're not corp-sanctioned so keep the deets on the down-low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back