Archived Hardlines Team Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also running the closing zone and making sure TM's are taking breaks and staying on task. Delegating some of their tasks to more capable SF Team Members.

We do that & alot of other tasks. A pile of paperwork. We help guests, work outside of our areas to help, lead a team when there is a team to lead, etc. Then the stress factors kicked in, over tasked by etl/lod, backup cashiering, pulling cafs, backstocking, tlod, covering lunch breaks for gstl's. Then close on a weekend night with 10 call outs. Arghh!!

Alright that is pretty much answering the question. What about on a day to day basis? Like a routine or tasks done by time deadlines? Like is there a period when setting can't be done anymore? Do you have designated time frames for specific tasks?

It can be hit or miss, due to truck or lack of staff. All sales planners are suppose to be completed on a weekly basis. Some days, you & one other person maybe in all hardlines. Usually, electronics person & me outside of p-fresh, once a week. Then, some nights you close, you are scheduled from 4pm to 12 midnight. Then, your tm's come in 5:30pm or 6pm to help you close. You are by yourself for 2 hours, no tasks can be done, reshop, gs, & cafs are your priority.
Some days I get alot done & some days I don't. Now with new alignment thing makes even worse.
But I do love spot!

We do that & alot of other tasks. A pile of paperwork. We help guests, work outside of our areas to help, lead a team when there is a team to lead, etc. Then the stress factors kicked in, over tasked by etl/lod, backup cashiering, pulling cafs, backstocking, tlod, covering lunch breaks for gstl's. Then close on a weekend night with 10 call outs. Arghh!!

Hardlinesmater, Can you come to my store and work? The day that any of my hard lines team leaders, 1) step on the carpet, 2) back-up cashier, 3) cover a GSTL lunch or even a break would be the day that pigs fly, the fat lady sings, I die and the world implodes.

Hardlinesmater, Can you come to my store and work? The day that any of my hard lines team leaders, 1) step on the carpet, 2) back-up cashier, 3) cover a GSTL lunch or even a break would be the day that pigs fly, the fat lady sings, I die and the world implodes.

All the hardlines TL in my store do a lot as well. I always argue though about covering the GSTL break, why cant the br, plano, pricing, or flow tl cover a break once in awhile? Especially when SF coverage is light and the only one on the floor is the TL.

From what I see at my store. The day is broken down by Tasks, Service, and Recovery. "Tasks"usually ends at noon, "Service" starts at noon and ends around 5PM, "Recovery" starts at 5PM and ends 45 min after store closing.

Hardlines TL:

Tasks: work on any misc. problems or issues from the night before(from a closing notes list) ie. missing 3x5s or 7x11s. Filling light endcaps. Making labels. Clearance Remerch. and apparently this list has to be completed before they can work on their, clearance endcaps, PTM, and setting their endcaps. Sales plans have to be completed by noon. and then tasks are completed, or at least the tasks period is finished. Not all work or endcaps are finished.

Service: After cleaning up from tasks. Service beings after lunch. Basically go backs and zoning with the hardlines team is done until about 500PM.

Recovery: Closing hardlines team member arrive and team is split into specific areas to zone and do go backs for. As hardlines TL, they supervise the team, and make sure everyone is finishing their areas. Walking the store, picking up strays, filling endcaps, makings labels.

How many Hardlines TLs does your store have? and how are they split apart by Block?

All the hardlines TL in my store do a lot as well. I always argue though about covering the GSTL break, why cant the br, plano, pricing, or flow tl cover a break once in awhile? Especially when SF coverage is light and the only one on the floor is the TL.

In my store, Our SF TL and PATL are usually the ones to cover GSTL Lunches and breaks. Love the thought of a BR TL or Flow TL covering. Hmmmm......

One of our hardlines TLs is disliked by his subordinates because he's very rules-y and demands fast responses, but the cashiers love him because he backup cashes sometimes. He also covers GSTL breaks/lunches most often of all the TLs.

Generally, the sales floor TLs are more knowledgeable about guest service than the behind-the-scenes TLs like backroom, flow, plano, etc. (No offense if there are any of you reading this!) Example: not long after I was hired, our former HRTL was covering the GSTL's lunch, and she had no clue how to do anything, so she kept asking me, an inexperienced cashier who also had no clue what was going on.

Stl, it would one heck of a drive. I do backup get help store sales, plus I gives me a break from the sf. I ask my etl/lod to take the calls while I am on register. Our brtl covers Gstl shifts too. Pa & ptl's can't handle it.

All the hardlines TL in my store do a lot as well. I always argue though about covering the GSTL break, why cant the br, plano, pricing, or flow tl cover a break once in awhile? Especially when SF coverage is light and the only one on the floor is the TL.[/QU

As a backroom T-lead i can tell you why i don't backup, I have the backroom which consist of pulling left over auto fills from flow team, pulling clearance that flow team was suppose to, finishing backstock leftover from flow, pulling 2 gazillon pog and sales planners for plano and salefloor, pulling and pushing caf's, working the suspect date and location audits, working the item merge on tuesdays, wasting a half hr or so on the morning huddle, chasing after lod's to work the empty location report, backing up receiving, I could fill 3 or 4 pages but you get the idea.....oh yea almost forgot i'm the instocks team lead to...........................:suicide2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back