Archived Hardlines TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKG

Nkg
Im trying to figure out for my development what I would need to know-

I can:

Pull batches and back stock (mydevice &pda)
Make shelf labels with a priner and on computer
Make 3×3, 7×11, 3×5 signs
Set a plannogram/sales planner
PTM (pull d code)

Non-HL Stuff-

Flexfillment/SFS
GS trained
GSA/CO trained
Electronics/scan backs
Grocery (1st in 1st out but not order or QMOS)
Soft Lines/Fitting Room

Seriously what should I need to know that I dont???

Instocks?

Backroom equipment trained?

All of our sales floor TLs also have at least passable knowledge of Starbucks, and have been known to cover breaks or start the opening stuff if the opening TM is running late.

Also try to get feedback from tm's, TL's and ETL's you trust as to you as a worker. Some might say you are "Task" ready.. (know how to do the work), but don't know how to lead a team. Majority of people know how to physically do the grunt work, but getting others to "buy in" as to complete a task as a "collective unit", are what separates Leaders from workers. Some self help books are also out there to help you with things pertaining to you yourself. Good luck.

Also try to get feedback from tm's, TL's and ETL's you trust as to you as a worker. Some might say you are "Task" ready.. (know how to do the work), but don't know how to lead a team. Majority of people know how to physically do the grunt work, but getting others to "buy in" as to complete a task as a "collective unit", are what separates Leaders from workers. Some self help books are also out there to help you with things pertaining to you yourself. Good luck.

Thanks. That's exactly what Ive been told. Ill try to work on leading others.

Reactions: Him
Thanks. That's exactly what Ive been told. Ill try to work on leading others.

Do other tms in your workcenter come to you for help? Does leadership count on you to handle TL-level tasks if your TL isn't there? This seems to be what they look for in my store. We have a lot of turnover in my workcenter (SL), and our new tms always know they can come to me with questions and for guidance. If there is no TL on the floor, I basically run the team, keeping the LOD informed of where we are at with our truck and other stuff. I used to make break schedules and divide up evening zone assignments for the team quite often. Leadership knows that I know my stuff. Keep learning new workcenters/tasks if given the opportunity. I really enjoy being global.

Price change, preapare the ad and set it on sundays, end caps, increase sales in a dept. Rfid , Hr stuffs swap shifts, change schedules etc learn more work bench

Also backroom is more that pull batches and backstock... locu, sustrAction etc...

Like @Him said, there's more to being a TL than knowing how to do stuff. You need to gain the respect of others, including the existing TLs, without the title backing you.

Not every great TM makes a great TL, so you need to stand out from the crowd. What makes you stand out?

Ask a TL that does a great job, and that you respect and have some rapport with, to mentor you. TM development reflects really well on TLs so I'm sure they'd be happy to do it.

(Rolls eyes at my Style TL)

This goes back to my conversation on the chat awhile ago...

I strongly feel TL should be Target brand. We are trying to develop this TM and they are not friendly at all not even to other TMs. They only talk to TL because they have a college degree that makes them TL material.

This goes back to my conversation on the chat awhile ago...

I strongly feel TL should be Target brand. We are trying to develop this TM and they are not friendly at all not even to other TMs. They only talk to TL because they have a college degree that makes them TL material.
Eh. If you're extremely outgoing, friendly, and bubbly, sure you might be brand but you also need to be able to do a lot more than he outwardly "Target".
If that same person can't recognize issues before they become problems, coach to correct those problems, get their team behind them, and still be able to complete their workload, then they're not going to be successful... and it will be painfully obvious.

But at least they'll still have a smile on their face, right?

One tip I can give is to work on some genuine recognition. If opening, share some at huddles. Closing, tell the LOD to put something in the email. Leaders will notice that fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back