Archived Has anybody gotten sick from working in the freezer (pull or back stocking) or coolers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have. Been having sore throat since thanksgiving week from working in the freezer. Apparently it's my tonsils, they've been a bit swollen ever since. Now I no longer will ever work in the freezer, stocking in the coolers yes but I will wear a mask to avoid breathing that cold air. Has anyone else caught a cold or something?

nope, always in the freezer pulling out metros and backstocking. Never in there more than 30 minutes at a time, that is set by out CTL.

I will stay in the freezer until my hands start to go numb....then I will come out and warm up a little before going back in. I haven't gotten a cold from working in the freezer or cooler. However, I have noticed that my joints ache after being in there.

I know a lot of people that work in the freezer and get sick. I've worked in the freezers a few times and it felt like it took a couple of days for my body to recuperate...

I will stay in the freezer until my hands start to go numb....then I will come out and warm up a little before going back in. I haven't gotten a cold from working in the freezer or cooler. However, I have noticed that my joints ache after being in there.

Yeah arthritis even in mild forms do not like freezers.. I love the cold, but my beat up joints don't.

Didn't have to work the freezers or cooler that often when I was at Target but spent years as a chef and meat cutter so I've seen the inside of both on a regular basis.
Inventory is always the real fun part.

However, I grew up in a state where the snow doesn't go away for seven months out of the year and it can get down to -40 below.

Sorry about your tonsils getting bad. I remember when I had mine - I would get tonsillitis constantly. Didn't get them out until I was 24. It was a horrible surgery. Drink lots of tea with honey
And bundle up in layers when you go in the freezer

Not the freezer but I have worked carts in -10 degree windchills.

I used to get constant sinus infections when working at Target with all the cardboard dust floating around. I would suggest investing in the NediMed or some other nasal rinse. And gargle salt water when you feel a soar throat coming on. Lost my voice a few times but still kept working.

I never got sick from going in the freezer but I once got frostnip from being in there too long. It's like a milder form of frostbite but with no permanent damage. Been there over 2 years now and they rarely ask me to go in anymore. It's usually the newer guys they ask to backstock the freezer. I guess I've paid my dues.

no has backstocked in our freezer in 10 days... we have 13 metros, 3 tubs and 2 flats of backstock in there. in our dairy we have 7 metros and 3 tubs of backstock....

lol, good luck on getting Saturday's FDC truck in the coolers, ETL-LOG.

no has backstocked in our freezer in 10 days... we have 13 metros, 3 tubs and 2 flats of backstock in there. in our dairy we have 7 metros and 3 tubs of backstock....

You be screwed! I'm on the east coast and it's below freezing here. Feel free to use my stores parking lot!

I don't think we own anywhere near that many metros.

I sure hope some of that backstock got touched today.

i be coming out the freezer looking like
frozen-affa79fa14fc4d9605eae2f3805d18a2b2ab5af0-s1100-c15.jpg

if your food rooms are anything like ours then it's probably the mold, mildew and what ever that weird almost mobile black spot in the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back