Archived Has anyone ever had their wage lowered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I admit to never checking my paychecks since Target's not my bread and butter, but I will start now. I logged into TPandB and it showed my wage was almost a buck less than what it should be. I thought it was an accident but I checked my paychecks and sure enough, since the beginning of September I've been making almost a dollar less per hour.

HR's not in today so I'll deal with them tomorrow with printouts of my stubs but has this happened to anyone else? Also, I only work 10 to 15 hrs and week and have not gotten vacation in a while. I've always assumed this was because of my low average hours, but should I be getting something?

Holy crap? A buck??? I'd be pissed!

I'm pissed at myself for not catching it sooner. And I'd imagine HR will be pissed at me too, but whatever. Just wondering why it went down... I haven't changed positions or anything.

Nah, definitely a dip in my payrate, no diff. Started in Oct though, not Sept. I'm out about approx. $70 so far.

Mine did, but that's because they offered me a dollar more than they were supposed to when I started. I really should have quit after that...

Nope, same payrate. Apart from the yearly raises, I got .25 raise from the time an ETL-HR promised us market TMs one (4 years ago) and a .60-something raise from when they got rid of the shift-diff for coming in 5am about 4 years ago. If that factors in the reasoning for taking this away, Imma make a big stink!

I did when my ETL-HR demoted me from Electronic Team Member to Cart Attendant on my second day at target.

I took one when I transferred from my first store, to the one I work at now. I was told that the first store I worked at was in large city, thus the cost of living was higher so they had to pay better....store I work at now is in a small town. This was over 18 years ago...so I don't remember the exact amount I lost...I know it was a little o ver a dollar an hour

I did when my ETL-HR demoted me from Electronic Team Member to Cart Attendant on my second day at target.

Err, what the hell could you have done wrong in two days to make them decide you were unfit to work in Electronics?

For those who have direct deposit and paperless statements, this is a good lesson. Always check your pay stubs!

I've had my wage lowered twice. They changed the additional amount that you get for working in the backroom many years ago and changed the base wage based on your average hours worked there. Because we are often scheduled in other work centers many of us lost money/hour in the process. I also had my wage dropped when I stepped down from being a team lead.

A pay decrease should only happen if you stepped down in position or you transferred from a store with higher cost of living. I know I took a $.50 hit when I moved from my first store (major metro high store) to my last store (small town low volume store).

Other than that, some one may have keyed you payrate wrong. Or My Time goofed. Or bad paperwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back