Archived Has anyone ever had to call the hotline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalesFloorSylph

Got any extra peghooks?
I have posted about this in the TTOTM thread but in short, the ETL-GE and the GSTL tried to tell a GSA that he was leaving early too many times but the days they mentioned were days he had off or days he was TOLD to leave early because he was over hours.
There was also recently an incident where the PPTL threatened to fire her entire team if everything wasn't done on time even though she did nothing to help them work faster and just stood around gossiping instead. I admit I'm a little on the fence about calling the hotline for this incident because I'm worried about being too dramatic and unreasonable and we are also concerned about it not being a serious enough problem for them to take care of.
Stuff like this has happened with these exact same team leads before but a lot of people are a little scared of calling the hotline on them.
Has anyone ever had to do this before? How did it work and what was the outcome?

I have not personally but I know one who did. It was just before she left and it got the corporate HR team to come and talk to anyone who wanted to talk. Several people including myself decided to speak up and it got a very incompetent ETL fired.

Has any of what you said happened to you, or are you just hearing about these things or passing by at random moments where you weren't there for the entire thing so it could just be being taken out of context or just completely flipped so someone's the victim?

The GSA who got lied to told me personally and he is someone I've known for a while and would not lie about anything. He is contemplating calling the hotline himself actually. The GE and the GSTL in question are particularly sketchy people who know perfectly well that some people lie about redcards saying that they're rewards cards and sign them up for credit cards so it doesn't surprise me that they'd lie to a team member.
I was actually there for the second incident. Quite a few people from her team told me this. The plano team isn't as gossipy as the front and is at my store but I am still trying to make sure no one is lying

It is a good idea to have everything documented before making calls to anyone. Have him write down dates, times, and names of those involved as best as he remembers.

The hotline is anonymous in that you don't give your name, but the situation will be referred back to your STL to be addressed. Typically, the STL will be aware of who called for this reason. It may be more beneficial to go straight to the STL or ETLHR at first if possible.

I agree with the other comments in this thread and strongly suggest you speak to your Etl HR or Stl. As someone who personally used the hotline I can say that I will Never use it again as That there is NO confidentiality. If my life was in danger , I'd be dead as the said person got word back to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back